Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Different kind of oils.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Styling Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Different kind of oils. Reply with quote
What's your favorite?

Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil
Amla Oil - Helps slow down shedding according to some reports.
Aloe Vera Oil
Apricot Kernel
Argan Oil - Exotic and tends to be pricey. Made from the nuts of the Moroccan argan tree.
Avocado Oil - Tends to be moisturizing. May prove to be better on dry hair than wet. Many find this better on dry hair than wet.
Babassu Oil
Baoabab Oil
Beautiful Hair Oil - Made from a 100% organic jojoba base with essential oil designed to add moisture and health to hair.
Black Current Seed Oil
Borage or Borage Seed Oil
Broccoli seed oil - This oil may mimic cones on some types of hair. Good as a conditioning oil but not as good as a styling oil. Leaves hair very shiny. Strong aroma.
Carrot oil
Camilla Oil
Castor Oil - Not recommended for most hair types. Very heavy and oily. It is recommended this oil be mixed with other oils to minimize the oiliness.
Coconut - Some people swear by this oil while others find it too heavy and/or oily. It's antibacterial properties are well documented. Results vary in a very wide spectrum.
Vatika's Herbal Coconut oil
Cranberry Seed Oil
Emu Oil - Although some find this oil very moisturizing, it is very controversial because of the methods used to harvest the oil from the Emu.
Evening Primrose oil (EPO)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) - Very heavy and not universally helpful to all hair types and textures. This oil may be too heavy for hair that is thin or fine. It has a very distinctive aroma.
Flaxseed Oil
Grapeseed Oil - Is often described as light without scent. Not quite as moisturizing as sweet almond oil. For some it can provide a good balance of moisture.
HairTopia Beautiful Hair Oil - Made from a 100% organic jojoba base with essential oil designed to add moisture and health to hair.
Hazelnut Oil
Hempseed Oil
HobaCare Oil - A very high quality oil that is cold expeller pressed exactly once.
Jojoba - A popular basic oil, which is generally more expensive than other oils. Works well on both dry and damp hair to condition it. Also works well when mixed with aloe and glycerin as a leave-in and styling product. Excellent also as scalp massage oil and for skin moisturizing. Great on the ends. Blends exceptionally well with essential oils and fragrances.
Lindseed Oil -
Macademia Nut Oil
Meadowfoam
Mineral Oil
Monoi Oil - Too light for some hair, can feel drying. May work best for pre-shampoo treatment. Leave-in treatments may not be as moisturizing.
Monoi Pitati oil - Very strong tropical jasmine scent. just too strong
Monoi Sandalwood oil - Too medicinal smelling for me
Monoi Tiare - Floral gardenia scent. Rich sultry summer evening scent. A great summer oil.
Monoi Vanille- Delicious aroma. The oil blends well with any perfumes that have a vanilla base note.
Monoi Ylang ylang oil - Just yucky, also kind of medicinal
Moonchilds/Moonchaser's Sweet Success Oil - For some hair types and textures this oil can by quite oily. Many find this as a great leave-in conditioner. Works well as a detangler on dry hair. Also recommended as a scalp massage oil to enhance growth.
Neem oil
Olive Oil - See Extra Virgin Olive Oil above. A popular deep treatment involves mixing olive oil, honey and eggs. Can be heavy in a good way for super curly or wavy hair.
Red Palm Oil - Great for deep moisturizing treatments. Works especially well with mixed with honey and condish.
Rose oil
Sesame oil
Shea oil
Strawberryseed oil
Sweet almond oil - Care must be taken with this oil to make sure it doesn't become rancid quickly. For some sweet almond oil may appear to penetrate better than olive. How oils perform seem to be directly linked to the hair's type and texture.
Sunflower oil
Peanut
Pitta oil (Maharishi Ayurveda)
Quinoa Oil
Red Turkey Seed Oil
Rose oil
Tea Tree Oil
Watermelon seed Oil - May mimic cones on some types and textures of hair.
Wheat Germ Oil

angeeE5

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am going to kick your butt for asking that question. From that long ole list?
Let me see...

I have not tried these but would like to...

Amla Oil - Helps slow down shedding according to some reports.
Argan Oil - Exotic and tends to be pricey. Made from the nuts of the Moroccan argan tree.
Avocado Oil - Tends to be moisturizing. May prove to be better on dry hair than wet. Many find this better on dry hair than wet.

Oooh, how could you forget my favorite, Rosemary? I also love lavender and grapeseed, just about anything that has a herbal scent.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh Gee Angee I want you to be proud of my research of being natural. You know it's not the student who learns but the teacher that teach! My Guru you have opened my eyes! You know you love me too much to kick anything lol

angeeE5

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know. Laughing

I hope you have started on your Guru Guidebook. You are well on your natural way with the wealth of information you have acquired within the past two weeks.

Maybe this can inspire you even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyCanmuPJHY

I own three. One with the same exact photos.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you so much Angee! You see, you are so thoughtful!

angeeE5

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you are not a member of Youtube, you should become one. I do not post videos, but I encourage people and post comments when I can. But most often, I find myself subscribing to a number of viewers.

Here is an inspirational song that I cannot get out of my head. And it reminded me of how I should not cut my hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU-iLxBcry4
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am a member and I love her voice!

TruGem7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i am currently using coconut oil only....but last nite when i put it in my hair it made it thicker i guess i can say....mind u my hair is already SUPA thick...but once i tried combin thru my hair afta i applied the oil it was a lil difficut. usualli i wud apply the oil afta i wet my hair a bit...which is like the complete opposite of wut i experienced last nite! and because i didnt like how my hair felt i just put like 5 cornrows in my hair to put it away for a lil bit!

but i would like to try:
tea tree
rosemary
jojoba

i wud like to mix cocnut oil to it too...idk...just tryin sum new stuff...let me kno wut yall think...

i wanna mix oils like tea tree and rosemary togetha for just my scalp and then mix separate set of oils and a butta for my hair...
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those are great oils too so you can't go wrong sister!

TruGem7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you much!! Can't w8 2 start using them!!
nack_blue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like Amla Oil ,Aloe Vera Oil ,Olive oil.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you are so welcome trugem

arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump

Adrz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: WARNING!!! Reply with quote
I found out that argan oil at sallybeauty has cones in it! You have to get raw argan oil, it is actually cheaper I heard ...

If argan oil go thru processed, it will have cones! That is why Sallybeauty have them with cones.I thought it was same with all oil that go thru processed, I was told it depend on what is put there . I don't know about Africa Best Herbal oil because it always change their formula, I am getting suspicious and think it contains cones too.
nakjns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I use JBCO mixed with peppermint oil, I love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Styling Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: