Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Scalp and Hair Oils
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nrogersbell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Scalp and Hair Oils Reply with quote
How do you guys feel about oiling (greasing) your scalp? My scalp is very dry. This is because my hair and scalp is moisture deficient. However, I am working on resolving that issue. (Thank you guys for all your tips on moisturizing) Do you think oiling (greasing) my scalp will help also? My scalp is very sensitive to petroleum and mineral oil. Most hair oil (grease) is either petroleum and mineral oil based. Does anyone know of any hair oil (grease) products that doesn't contain any of the harsh ingredients? Preferably, a product that has all natural ingredients.
hericane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only hair 'grease' I really like is Dax Supergro. it melts in your hand. It has an awesome ingredient list too!

Petrolatum, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis), Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Sunflower Seed (Helianthus Annus) Oil, Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinesis) Oil, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Wheat Germ (Triticum Vulgare) Oil, Safflower Seed (Carthamus Tinctorius) Oil, Peanut (Arachis Hypogea) Oil, Cottonseed (Gossyplum) Oil, Fragrance.

Other than that I only use natural oils. Wonder 8 original (with spout not sprayer) is a really great combination of oils as well. You can also do your own blend of Extra Virgin Coconut, olive, and castor oils.

BUT most importantly, you MUST apply moisture to your hair BEFORE any oil or 'grease'. Your moisturizer can be a water-based liquid or a water-based cream. Just make sure that water is the 1st ingredient.

Water= moisture
Oils/grease= moisture sealant Wink
nrogersbell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hericane wrote:
The only hair 'grease' I really like is Dax Supergro. it melts in your hand. It has an awesome ingredient list too!

Petrolatum, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis), Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Sunflower Seed (Helianthus Annus) Oil, Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinesis) Oil, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Wheat Germ (Triticum Vulgare) Oil, Safflower Seed (Carthamus Tinctorius) Oil, Peanut (Arachis Hypogea) Oil, Cottonseed (Gossyplum) Oil, Fragrance.

Other than that I only use natural oils. Wonder 8 original (with spout not sprayer) is a really great combination of oils as well. You can also do your own blend of Extra Virgin Coconut, olive, and castor oils.

BUT most importantly, you MUST apply moisture to your hair BEFORE any oil or 'grease'. Your moisturizer can be a water-based liquid or a water-based cream. Just make sure that water is the 1st ingredient.

Water= moisture
Oils/grease= moisture sealant Wink

Thank you. I really appreciate the advice.
Pasheen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is one I use :

Nubian Heritage it is blended with pure Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, nourishing Coconut Oil and vitamin-rich Papaya. It is provides luster and sheen to hair.

Ingredients: Coconut oil, Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Papaya Extract, Rosemary Extract, Aloe Vera Gel, Cocoa Butter, Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Oil

I also make my own mix of shea butter w/ olive oil, or flax seed, castor oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil or vegetable glycerin.

~Pasheen
storm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I use coconut oil, EVOO, I did use WGO once and castor oil
nrogersbell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pasheen wrote:
This is one I use :

Nubian Heritage it is blended with pure Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, nourishing Coconut Oil and vitamin-rich Papaya. It is provides luster and sheen to hair.

Ingredients: Coconut oil, Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Papaya Extract, Rosemary Extract, Aloe Vera Gel, Cocoa Butter, Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Oil

I also make my own mix of shea butter w/ olive oil, or flax seed, castor oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil or vegetable glycerin.

This sounds like it is all natural. No petroleum or mineral oil? Where can I purchase this?
hericane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That Nubian Heritage does seem quite interesting.
Pasheen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I order mine from www.sistasplace.biz

A little goes a long way

BTY they delivery fast

~Pasheen
BlessedByDesign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Scalp and Hair Oils Reply with quote
nrogersbell wrote:
How do you guys feel about oiling (greasing) your scalp? My scalp is very dry. This is because my hair and scalp is moisture deficient. However, I am working on resolving that issue. (Thank you guys for all your tips on moisturizing) Do you think oiling (greasing) my scalp will help also? My scalp is very sensitive to petroleum and mineral oil. Most hair oil (grease) is either petroleum and mineral oil based. Does anyone know of any hair oil (grease) products that doesn't contain any of the harsh ingredients? Preferably, a product that has all natural ingredients.

I grease my scalp 3-5x a week with Dax Supergro. I love the smell.
BlessedByDesign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
storm wrote:
I use coconut oil, EVOO, I did use WGO once and castor oil

What is EVOO?
ajmilkyway

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: EVOO Reply with quote
I didn't know this one either, I googled it and I think its Extra Virgin Olive Oil
BlessedByDesign

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: EVOO Reply with quote
ajmilkyway wrote:
I didn't know this one either, I googled it and I think its Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Thanks alot, aj! I'm learning all sorts of new things.
mzroz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Great for moisturzing the scalp Reply with quote
I find that just a little grease or oil goes a long way when conditioning the scalp. I use either a creme hair dress, avocado butter or a light essential oil to massage my scalp. If I use too much of any product, it weighs my hair down and looks greasy.
drea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
pantene daily oil cream leave in conditioner is GREAT
Miss UK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've tried the EVOO and coconut oil method for the past month and it is the best results I've ever had.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: