Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Keeping split ends at bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Diva!

arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

mzkea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay now im having more breakage than normal!! I have been using ORS hair mayonnaise for about 2-3 weeks now and it did help with my breakage at first but now im seeing more strands than I would like to see in my sink. I rearly comb my hair but have had to recently (thanks to Hairfinity my hair has gotten alot thicker) when wrapping my hair @ night. When doing so I see alot of brakage and this morning when taking down my wrap I seen even more strands w/o the bulbs at the end

I bought some Aphogee intensive two minute Keratin Reconstructor but im not sure if this is enough protein, or should I get the damaged hair treatment? but my hair isn't damaged. Please Please help, it's too the point where I cannot even run my finger thru my hair w/o some breakage!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mz Kea have you tried using Garlic?

mzkea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, but I have garlic powder at home, could I use that? if so how do I go about using it?
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just put it in your conditioner and leave it on for 20 minutes

mzkea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How much do I add? I usually DC w/heat is this okay? Now I've heard that it works for shedding, have you tried it for breakage? I will give this a try tonight but if this doesn't work maybe I should cut back on the co-washes. My hair feels more soft and managable after but soon starts too break.

One more ? can dandruff/dry scalp cause breakage? I have a seriouse case of it. I want to retry the Nizoral, but I have color in my hair and have noticed the color changes after using it, do you know of any dandruff shampoos that are okay for colored hair??
malika26

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
mzkea the reason for ur breakage is due to the color..i have color in my hair also because i hate my hair bein dark but u definitely have to keep it moisturized with color
mzkea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ Malika, thanks for the input. I actually have hair bleach in my hair not color. And it's only in the front. I went to get a rinse put in which my stylist always bleach the area first then put the rinse in, but this time when she put the bleach in as it was turning colors it turned a beautiful honey color so I keep that color and did not add the rinse.

I had so many people compliment me on my color and were very suprised when I told them that it was actually hair bleach. I have been doing this for about 1 yr now and had no problems, and the color isn't the area that's breaking, I know you would think it was!!. This whole hair growing thing is a job itself. Thank you!

Sad Confused Mad Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
malika26

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
it really is girl i tell u..o ok..i just know that color will cause ur hair to break if it not kept moisturized Smile
heartrickelle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: splits be gone Reply with quote
the first thing to getting your ends together is to clip them. you cant get the splits to form back together and they will only split more and more if you leave them. after clipping the ends then use the treatments to manage them and prevent future split ends
DIVA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You do not necessarly have to trim your ends. Trimming your ends only gives it a healthy look. You can use aphogee product line to get your split ends at bay, You can do deep condition treatments, use VIRGIN coconut/olive oil on your hair and a water base oil for your ends. I did mines for the healthy look and that is what it did exactly.
malika26

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: LETS COME UP WITH A PIC DATE Reply with quote
I am tired of wearing braids now, it's time for a body wrap..I have been waearing braids since December 6th and I havent had a perm since November 7th. I have some pictures (before) in my phone, I want to post the AFTER pics for the 2010. I am ready to see some progress Very Happy
ACE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ladies,where are you all getting your Virgin Coconut oil from?Is this only applied to the scalp or to the ends also?Whats another great product for the ends of the hair that can be used without causing oil stains on my collar of my shirts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: