Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Keeping split ends at bay
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Keeping split ends at bay Reply with quote
Ok, I'm already seeing a difference after two weeks on being on the hairfinity pills, so thats good. My issue is now is my troublesome ends. I am so tempted to trim them because they are starting to look kind of rough to me. I know I shouldn't but it's hard. I haven't applied heat to my hair in about 2 weeks and half, which is amazing for me! Does anybody know how I can make my ends smoother and more tamed? They are really giving me the blues right now. Confused

Transitioning!!!!!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote
Hello JP when I have that issue I do a Queen Helene Jojoba oil treatment, which means shampooing my hair and apply the oil all over, hair and scalp. Then sit under a dryer for 20 minutes and rinse afterward. No conditioning either. You can also seal your ends with Coconut oil if you don't want to use the Jojoba oil. Then style as you would normally do.
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Queen Helene huh? That sounds interesting. I'm going to have to give that try. The ends are killing me!

Transitioning!!!!!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Believe it or not Reply with quote
Yep it really works but you have to follow instructions to the tee. I first used it but I shampoo it out. Then I re-read the bottle and realized I did it wrong. I guess I was so in a hurry to see effects. But I am sure you will be happy.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote
jpmiyuka
Have you checked out the Profectiv Growth lotion kits? they are really a rage with my friends. They tell me you can use this to blow out your hair or Flat iron. Also, you can use it wet or dry and they are full of vitamins. I have extremely dry hair and they say that this is the answer. I am going to look into this, but let me know what you've heard Question
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've never heard of that. I'll have t make sure I give that a try. I do use some profectiv but never really explored it. Cool

Transitioning!!!!!
angeeE5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have used the Growth Lotion and let me be one of the first to tell you that it is an amazing product. I prefer to use it before I thermally straighten my hair because oil works better for my dry hair when I am blow-drying.

So, should you invest in this product? Absolutely! Trust me, you will not regret it.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote
Angee did it grow hair?

keisha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a problem with split ends myself. but i am finished cutting my hair until it reaches a desireable lenght. then i will make it even. I have cut my hair soo many times on the advice of my hairdresser and all it does is hinder my growth goals. Try hot oil treatments everyweek and keep the ends moisturized. I use shea butter on my ends
angeeE5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Umm, I cannot really say that it grew my hair because I did not use it long enough to the results. But I think these products do work.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Would you say you used it for more than a month?

DIVA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Keeping split ends at bay Reply with quote
jpmiyuka wrote:
Ok, I'm already seeing a difference after two weeks on being on the hairfinity pills, so thats good. My issue is now is my troublesome ends. I am so tempted to trim them because they are starting to look kind of rough to me. I know I shouldn't but it's hard. I haven't applied heat to my hair in about 2 weeks and half, which is amazing for me! Does anybody know how I can make my ends smoother and more tamed? They are really giving me the blues right now. Confused

Try doing a Hair mask and see how that works for you!
angeeE5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Arrow,

I only used this product for two weeks. Whenever I find a product that is more exciting and can be more beneficial for my hair growth, then I am ditching the current product and using the next one.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Angee you have to give it a month at least Sad Sometimes you don't see results that quick and you should really sticks with what works. Diva taught me that. Now if your current product is not working at all then by all means dump it. Otherwise hang in there and give it a good shot.

DIVA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
arrowwalker wrote:
Angee you have to give it a month at least Sad Sometimes you don't see results that quick and you should really sticks with what works. Diva taught me that. Now if your current product is not working at all then by all means dump it. Otherwise hang in there and give it a good shot.

Very Happy Thats my girl!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: