Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Washing with Just Conditioner?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hericane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Washing with Just Conditioner? Reply with quote
nrogersbell wrote:
ShortyP98 wrote:
hericane wrote:
So ladies, what do you think about the trend toward conditioner only washes? Have any of you ever heard of a line called WEN? This line promotes the washing AND conditioning of hair with 'cleansing' conditioners. Check it out! http://www.wenhaircare.com/chaz_tips.php?pactvid=c5ec21792ab07f8eae17a8519d9f3067. I do this often, 4-5x per week, and have had AWESOME results. Less shedding and breakage, more moisture, and more manageable new growth PLUS faster hair growth. Wink

I've tried the condition only washes but I haven't heard of that line. I wonder how well it works. Have you tried it?

Is the Wen Cleansing conditioner product safe to use on ethnic hair?

Yes! It imparts moisture to all hair types.
ajmilkyway

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Thanx! Reply with quote
And I'm SOLD. Thanx sooo much Hericane, I will definitely try the Sally's Honey brand and let u know how it works out. I'm SO excited to be getting all this tried and true advice and you are such an example. Its all about hair health before hair fashion. I'm also in protective styles until I grow to my goal. I'll keep u updated. Wink
storm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Washing with Just Conditioner? Reply with quote
hericane wrote:
storm wrote:
hericane wrote:
storm wrote:
hericane wrote:
So ladies, what do you think about the trend toward conditioner only washes? Have any of you ever heard of a line called WEN? This line promotes the washing AND conditioning of hair with 'cleansing' conditioners. Check it out! http://www.wenhaircare.com/chaz_tips.php?pactvid=c5ec21792ab07f8eae17a8519d9f3067. I do this often, 4-5x per week, and have had AWESOME results. Less shedding and breakage, more moisture, and more manageable new growth PLUS faster hair growth. Wink

[color=blue]
When I just started taken care of my hair i use to co-wash like ever day or ever other day. I love co-wash but i can't do it now cause i'm stretching my relax up to June[/b]

What benefits did you see CW did for your hair?

See for yourself http://public.fotki.com/sniffy1/december-1/august-/
Great progress. I'll be CW until I reach my goal of midback, then reduce to 1 shampoo and 1 CW pert week. Wink

Thank you. I hope it works great for you
storm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pasheen wrote:
Storm your hair looks good girl...

Thank you Pasheen
storm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: what's BHM?? Reply with quote
ajmilkyway wrote:
Hey Storm, how are ya?? I just took a look at your page/journal and I just wanted to know your secret. What's BHM?? Your hair looks fabulous and healthy especially those ends.

Thanx in advance! Wink

I am great, just try to figure what am i going to do with this 5mth NG after i wash this weekend Confused Thanks for taking the time to veiw my journal. What's my secret? Let me see...

1. I found BHM (blackhairmedia) its a forum where i got some good info.from these ladies. We learn different things from each other.
2. I started to CW every night and moisturize 2x per day with Scurl and seal with EVOO.
3.On wash day I wash, protien treat and deep con treatment. I apply infusium23(a protien leave-in treatment, moisturize and seal and let my hair air dry.
4. NO HEAT
5. I started stretching my relaxer.
6. I wear protective style as often as i can (which is everyday)
7 And most importantly I start taking my Vitamins

Hope this help Wink
storm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Wash with just conditioner Reply with quote
I wash with any cheap conditioner I get my hands on[/i][/b]
ajmilkyway

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Thanx Reply with quote
Thanx storm for the great tips, I really appreciate it and I'll let you u know how it goes. I thought I was taking care of my hair Surprised but this is a whole new world for me Smile
BlessedByDesign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Washing with Just Conditioner? Reply with quote
ShortyP98 wrote:
hericane wrote:

I've tried the condition only washes but I haven't heard of that line. I wonder how well it works. Have you tried it?

How does the conditioner only wash help your hair?
BlessedByDesign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Conditioner Washing Reply with quote
hericane wrote:
ajmilkyway wrote:
Hey Herican and Storm and everyone who does the conditioner washing which brands do you use to do this?? Which one work best for you? I checked out the Wen brand and it sounds good but I would like to know what's the best out there before I try one. Any suggestions??

TIA! Wink

I was getting really good results with Suave's Biobasics conditioner. I just recently purchased Sally's Salon Care Honey and Almond and I could not be more in love. It has honey, almond oil, and hydrolyzed keratin protein. It leaves my hair EXTRA shiny, smooth, & moisturized. It also loosens my new growth and "de-bulks" my hair. It comes in a gallon jug and is worth every bit of the $9 you pay for it. This is now my ONLY conditioner for CW. I just added some Wonder 8 and coconut oil to the jug. I put it on dry hair, work or relax for 1-3 hours and then rinse. I lovethe fact that it has protein too, because I don't have to worry about my hair getting mushy or overconditioned. Its a GREAT balance. Please try it and let me know what you think.
This sounds yummy for my hair. Why do you put it on dry hair?
Pasheen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I am going to try this for the spring/summer. I am looking to try something new that is good yet inexpensive. I am a little picky but I have heard a lot of good things about suave. As well all know taking care of your hair is a good thing but it can hit the pockets. Especially $9 for a gallon, that should get me and my girls through the next couple of months.

~Pasheen
MAGIKSTICK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
As far as i am concerned, it is not all about WEN. I think Creme of Nature makes some good conditioning shampoos as well. Conditioning shampoos are not a new invention at all babe. However, I would agree that they are the best shampoo-type for black hair as they dont strip the hair from its natural oil, which minimises breakage.
drea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
does anyone have experiences with wen, i saw it on tv. wanted to buy it, but wasn't sure if it worked on african american hair because the african american girl in the infomercial was biracial with biracial hair.
forever1994

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think it really works. It allows my hair to be alot softer and grow faster! If you have alot of product build up on your hair try this when needed, max once a week.----> Miz 1 tablesppon lemon juice with however much conditioner you use(in a container). Test to see if it is too little to see clarifying effects, if so add more lemon!

Natural
Computer*Love

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Washing with Just Conditioner? Reply with quote
hericane wrote:

I think that it is a good idea. I may try it with my next wash. Even though I have braids. Smile
Beauty is only skin deep. Positive Thinking Gives Positive Results. Tell your hair what you want it to be and, it will show you what it already heard. Keep smiling ya'll we all Look better when we do.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: