Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
What exactly is a Pre-poo?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: What exactly is a Pre-poo? Reply with quote
I see its something you do before you actually shampoo, but what does it do exactly and what a are good products to do it with?

Transitioning!!!!!
angeeE5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: What exactly is a pre-poo? Reply with quote
A pre-poo is a moisturizing or clarifying treatment that you do before you shampoo your hair. Okay, now that I have stated the obvious Smile, you can use one of the following or a combination of both to achieve that perfect clean scalp before shampoo.

Nutiva's Organic Coconut Oil. I purchased the 54 oz jar. I usually use 2-3 oz on my hair. I mix this with 1 oz of lemon juice and two tablespoons of aloe vera juice. I microwave until melted. I make sure that the mixture is warm, not lukewarm or hot, before I put it into my hair and scalp.

Apply the mixture using an applicator bottle to your scalp first. Then, pour a small amount of the mixture into your hand and apply to the hair, first on the ends, then work your way up to the root.

You can also apply essential or carrier oils to your mixture. I would suggest using only a 1/4 teaspoon of the oil because you do not want to overpower the clarifying properties of the lemon juice, aloe vera juice or coconut oil.

GOOD LUCK!
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ooh, thanks. So I do that every time before I shampoo or every now and then. Also where do you get those products, like the Nutiva's Organic Coconut Oil.

Transitioning!!!!!
angeeE5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Pre-poo treatment Reply with quote
You can purchase the Nutiva Coconut oil at http://www.nutiva.com, or you can visit one of the following locations: Wholes Food Market, or Vitamin Shoppe. I purchased mine at Vitamin Shoppe. If you decide to go to the Vitamin Shoppe, ask for a savings card. For every dollar that you spend in the store, it equals one point toward your card, which means that if you spend over 150 points, you will automatically receive a $5 voucher in the mail. 7500 points equals $500. I have spent over $100 dollars there within the past two weeks. It is amazing what that store has!

You can use your pre-poo shampoo every time you shampoo and condition your hair. Is is mandatory that you do so? Of course not, but I suggest that if you have extreme hair breakage, or any breakage at all that you perform the pre-poo treatment.

If you have the time, could answer my question in the shampoo category. It is titled Miss Jessies vs Kinky-Curly?

THANKS and GOOD LUCK! Very Happy
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: oil Reply with quote
Pre-poo is also great if your hair is extremely oily too
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My hair is naturally dry for some reason. It's hard to get and keep moisture in it. This seem like this will help though.

Transitioning!!!!!
mzkea

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
??? Do you rise the oils out with water or do I use my shampoo?? Confused Confused Could you try multiple oils together? I have some proclaim nature 7 olive oil and coconut oil at home which I could use. I keep running across this topic alot and I want to try it today. Please help im so confused! Confused
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes Mzkea you can use multiple oils.

mzkea

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. Another ?, I read alot of comments about co-washing a couple times a week. I would like to do this but when wetting/washing my hair I have to apply heat in order to get it straight again. I have tried letting my hair air dry and then doing a braid out, but it ends up being puffy( I have a relaxer) to where I have to flat iron it to get it straight again.

I find it impossible to wet my hair and not hair to apply heat, just looking for some techniques since applying heat 1-2 times a week in a no no for me. I only use heat 2 times a month when going to my stylist, but now I will be doing my own hair and find co-washing might be impossible for me Please help! Confused
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mzkea you hair sounds just like mines. I feel your pain. What I do is to do a treatment the night before I actually wash my hair. I cannot stand my hair wet so I refuse to leave it that way but I will leave it wet (if I am staying home) and then the next day wash it. Believe you me it really makes a difference too. Perhaps this will help you. Good luck

ACE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THE SPECTRUM BRAND OF COCONUT OIL BOUGHT FROM MEIJER?WELL,THATS THE COCNUT OIL I BOUGHT.WOULD THAT BE OK FOR ME TO USE ON MY HAIR?
Shortyee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pre-poo or "pre-shampoo" is when you apply something such as an oil to your hair before you wash with regular shampoo.

Some people use this to protect their hair from the drying effects of regular shampoo

Coconut oil is the best oil to use for this. It is the only oil that your hair actually absorbs, other than just coating the hair strand like the other oils.
ACE

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
those pre=poos are o sooooo nice!
jedc53

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The pre-poo is basically a hair conditioning treatment.It often help protect our hair from the harsh shampooing process.It is better on dry curly hair.They absorb better and there's less mess.It is when you put conditioner and moister on your hair and let it sit for 30 min to an hour before you shampoo your hair.There are a variety of things that can be used like different types of oils.
Empire

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can attest that pre-poo is one of the best things I did for my hair. My new growth is so soft and manageable since I started doing it. I will let you ladies know what its like when I am 12 weeks post.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Shampoos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: