Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Just For Me Texture Softener

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShortyP98

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Just For Me Texture Softener Reply with quote
Has anyone used the just for me texture softener for their child? My sister uses the uses the regular just for me on my niece's hair. My niece wants her hair straight but after having it that way for about six months she wanted her curls back. When I saw the ad for the texture softener I thought it seemed like a better choice. What does everyone else think?
hericane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I often wondered if it was still just a relaxer that they told you to leave on for less time. IDK! The 'softening' effect seems to really be a slight relaxing of the curl pattern.
ShortyP98

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Just for me Reply with quote
hericane wrote:
I often wondered if it was still just a relaxer that they told you to leave on for less time. IDK! The 'softening' effect seems to really be a slight relaxing of the curl pattern.

I called the company and they said that it was still a relaxer just milder.
nrogersbell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Just for me Reply with quote
I know Just for me texturizer was designed for children. However, my scalp is so sensitive I use it on my hair. This is because the regular and mild chemical relaxers severely iritate my scalp. I have used it 4 times in the past year. I am very satified with the results. It does not straighten my natural hair, but loosens it enough so that I can manage it much better. My curl pattern definitely still exists.

Either way you look at it, all texturizers are really just very mild chemical relaxers.
ShortyP98

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Just for me Reply with quote
nrogersbell wrote:
I know Just for me texturizer was designed for children. However, my scalp is so sensitive I use it on my hair. This is because the regular and mild chemical relaxers severely iritate my scalp. I have used it 4 times in the past year. I am very satified with the results. It does not straighten my natural hair, but loosens it enough so that I can manage it much better. My curl pattern definitely still exists.

Either way you look at it, all texturizers are really just very mild chemical relaxers.

This is just the kind of information I was looking for. Thank you for you feedback.
hericane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Just for me Reply with quote
nrogersbell wrote:

Have you ever been completely relaxed? Does using the JFM give your hair more 'bulk'?
BlessedByDesign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Just for me Reply with quote
nrogersbell wrote:

Is it healthier for your hair to do this?
LJSweet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Just For Me Softner Reply with quote
I know I'm no kid but I tried the 'softner' on my regrowth as I wanted my tough roots to be manageable. I think I left it on too long 'cause my hair is straight just like a normal relaxer. It has not kinked back at all!

Although I didnt get the desired result I will definitley try it again. My family did notice this product gave my hair extra body and wasn't dry and flat like with my normal relaxer. My hair's got bounce! A blessing in disguise. I think its the sunflower oil. Very Happy
forever1994

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It just loosens the curl pattern. I suggest switching to this if you currently use a perm.

Natural
red77

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a two year old daughter and I have yet to use any of that on her hair but I really want to...She has super kinky curls, and like me if i don't put anything in her her it is just a mess....tangles for days...this may be a silly question but I am a virgin to using anytype of relaxers on my daughter's hair. Is the just for me texturizer yall talking about safe for me to use on her hair? or should I wait until she gets a bit older and her hair grows. I do love her hair and don't want to mess it up as it grows. Any suggestions?
kwicherbichen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just spent like 1 hour researching this. Its basically a mild relaxer. I would love to start using this! I might get it with my next relaxer after I talk to my stylist.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote
I have tried it and it is mild but watch your timing.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shorty and Hericane where are you ladies?

kwicherbichen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah, I want them to come back!

I bought this product, but thought against using it because
a) I don't want my hair to be straight and I KNOW that my mom and I will accidentally leave it on too long.
b) If I overlap hair that wasn't completely straightened, I don't want it to straighten it. That's why they want you to wait 12 weeks before you use it again. So you can clearly see the line of decramation, but they don't tell you that because it will reveal that this is just a relaxer. lol

I need the # of the company again. I have to ask what exactly is the diff between this and a texturiser.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: