Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Why Faster Growth When Shampooing Daily
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DIVA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Why Faster Growth When Shampooing Daily Reply with quote
Why Faster Growth When Shampooing Daily

The scalp is constantly clean---with no products to clog the pores more than 24 hours at a time. It is also moist daily and massaged daily through the shampooing process. This makes good circulation for hair growth. Try this especially if you work out daily or play sports.

If you are curling your ends on a daily basis, spray very cold water (Ice water) on the tips daily and bump the ends. The ice water and heat will lock in moisture and produce a firmer set--which mean little to no breakage.

Take aluminum foil, fold over hair tip, and take a warm non- electric bumper curler or flat iron and place over the foil for 2-3 seconds. The heating appliance only needs to be warm not hot. Hot aluminum will burn your hair

Note: If you use an electric bumper curler, allow it to heat, then unplug and seal ends. The heating appliance only needs to be warm not hot. Hot aluminum will burn your hair
angeeE5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I try not to shampoo my hair daily because I do not have a lot of outdoor activity, nor do I participate in a number of sports. Additionally, I condition just as often as I shampoo my hair.
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I knew someone who did that, but her was very damaged and broken. Maybe she was doing something wrong. I've always heard shampooing everyday is not good, its better to do it every 3-4 days. But it may be different for everyone.

Transitioning!!!!!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: well Reply with quote
Diva great info thanks

Last edited by arrowwalker on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
DIVA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
See this is the thing... People MIS-READ it and go off something totally different. I said to PUT THE SHAMPOO ON YOUR SCALP NOT HAIR! If you cleanse your SCALP not your HAIR. Different people different things! I'm not recommending this if your hair is damaged, but do it every 3-4 days if hair is damaged. Put the shampoo on your SCALP LIKE YOU WOUULD A HAIR MOISTURIZER.
DIVA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: well Reply with quote
arrowwalker wrote:
Diva that makes a lot of sense but my hair is drier than a desert breeze. I would be terrify to try it. Maybe when my hair becomes a little healthier I'll think about it. Thanks for the info.

If your hair is that dry then try using oil in between shampoo and conditioning! and I have some remedies for you to try on your hair to put the umph back in to it! It's called the ORANGE BANANA treatment

*beat two eggs, 2 ounces of orange juice, 1/2 of a banana together
*apply to hair from root to tip with an applicator brush and then comb through
*wrap head in a plastic/shower cap
*allow to penetrate for 30 mins
*rinse with cool water or cold water(as cold as you can stand) and shampoo as usual
It will give you the umph you need *TRUST*
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
^ Thats sounds promising. I'll have to give that a try.

So for the shampoo on scalp daily thing, would you have to wash your scalp or keep the shampoo on their like a moisturizer?

Transitioning!!!!!
DIVA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jpmiyuka wrote:
^ Thats sounds promising. I'll have to give that a try.

So for the shampoo on scalp daily thing, would you have to wash your scalp or keep the shampoo on their like a moisturizer?

You would wash your scalp and do the conditioner the same way and you WILL notice a difference! You just put it on your scalp like a moisturizer(part your hair like doing your moisturizer) massage your scalp, rinse and do the conditioner the same way! If your hair is extremely dry put a oil moisturizer on your hair before you condition it and after all of that just let it air dry, wrap it or however you do it!
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SWEET! I'm going to go do that tonight Very Happy Thanks DIVA! My scalp is always dry and I can't figure out how to keep it moisturized.

Transitioning!!!!!
DIVA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jpmiyuka wrote:
SWEET! I'm going to go do that tonight Very Happy Thanks DIVA! My scalp is always dry and I can't figure out how to keep it moisturized.

Hey do me a HUGE favor! Let me know your results with either tha Orange banana treatment and or the scalp shampoo! I want to know besides me and my family of 3 sisters 1 mama 2 grandmoms and 2(one is mixed with hispanic so she has the nice CURLY hair) neice and 2 best friends if it works! lmao
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did the shampoo thing. But I only did it once. My scalp did feel better afterward. But for some reason, my hair dries out easily. No matter how much I try to moisturize. It's so annoying. Confused

Transitioning!!!!!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote
I have the same problem too jpmiyuka. The only thing that really helped was a conditioner called Perfecta not Perfectiv. However, I find it hard to locate it now. I hope this helps.
DIVA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe it's time for you to change shampoo's and conditioners! That is what is drying your hair out!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote
No Diva, protein can be drying. Thank you for the tip though. In my case too much protein in the first place. I am not more educated on it's use but I have dry hair to begin with. Even moisturizers don't always help. That is why my search continues.
_shellee^

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very Happy Do hot oil treatments (almond oil, grapeseed oil, carrot oil, coconut oil -my favorites) before shampooing and conditioning (Aubrey organics -J.A.Y ) also vinegar rinses help...

Neutrogena Triple Moisturizer leave-in conditioner is great for dry hair..

Any products that detangle the hair usually helps moisturize..try to find detangling products you like. Wink

Last edited by _shellee^ on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Shampoos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: