Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
can anyone explain...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nel12

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: can anyone explain... Reply with quote
I was natural for about 2 years and have shoulder length hair (3/c and a little 4a). I decided that i wanted to texlax, so i used a motions relaxer with a little olive oil in it and left it on for about 15 minutes. Pretty much did nothing. So i waited a month, used motions again without the olive oil and it straightened a little more, felt soft and more manageable, but my ends were still super curly. So, i waited a month and used ORS extra strength, left it in for 20 minutes. my hair feels really soft and is extra manageable, but the ends are still unbelievably curly. I mean tight curls. Not loosened at all. The rest of my hair seems pretty loose, and when it's wet it seems very straight - i initially thought it was too straight and then it dried and i could not believe how curly it was. Any thoughts on this?
angeeE5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well Nel12, from what I see your ends are incredibly strong and if they are reluctant to be altered by a chemical process, do not force it. Just use a high quality flat iron to smooth them out. If that strategy does not work, attempt to use a natural high quality leave-in conditioner infused with botanical oils and use it only on your ends. Pin them up overnight and release in the morning. Then, use a boar bristle brush to smooth them out.

Good luck!
nel12

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Angee! I will try that. They really seemed pretty straight when i first rinsed the relaxer. Then they just curled right back. up. I don't understand, because i have had perms in the past that straightened my hair really well. When i pull my hair out, it is just about APL and when i let it go, it's back to shoulder length-- after 3 attempts at relaxing! So you have any recommendations for what to use on them to flat iron?
angeeE5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do not use a lot of products on my hair because 1) My hair is damaged (split-ends galore), and 2) I wash my hair frequently, so loading just as much products is pretty much pointless.

I would recommend that you use E'tae Naturals Lightweight Hair Gloss 4oz $14.99. The link is listed below. Most of the recommendations that I make are pretty pricey because I only recommend 100% natural and organic products. Sallys offer generic brand products based on the actual top-shelf brands available.

Carmelux Hair Gloss
http://www.etaeproducts.com/index.php?p=product&id=41&parent=0

Buttershine Moisturizing Hair and Scalp Cream
http://www.etaeproducts.com/index.php?p=product&id=86&parent=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Relaxers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: