Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
No shampoo-regiem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sugababy13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: No shampoo-regiem Reply with quote
Hi can someone please tell me what's the no shampoo regiem? Meaning how long? What does it consists of and what results they obtained from it? Thanks for your help Ladies!
hericane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The regimen is as stated; you use NO shampoo to cleanse your hair. It's a moisture based regimen. You wash your hair with conditioner, some also use apple cider vinegar to cleanse and help with dandruff and dry scalp. WEN cleansing system is based on the no shampoo regimen and Sally's now has a version of WEN, called Hair One. Check it our on their website. http://www.sallybeauty.com/Cleansing-Conditioner/HARONE01,default,pd.html
Sugababy13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Hericane! Well I figure that much about the NO shampoo but wasn't sure of the actual details and procedures. I checked Sally's site and I think I'm going to try it! I see that they Available four formulations. Normal Hair, Color Treated, Dry, Damaged, and Dry Scalp Wow thanks again for the info. HHG
hericane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No problem SB! Hope you enjoy the results of the no-poo regimen as much as I have. LESS shedding, LESS breakage, MORE moisture! Wink
KINGTEHA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Sugababy13,
I am just inquiring if you tried the No shampoo regiment. I just wanted to get more feedback on how it worked. I am more of a visionary...I need to see picts of things before I just go jumping into things, so was trying to see if you had started that and if there were any before/after picts.

I am already stressed about my hair and don't want to try something that will get it looking even more jacked up although others say the opposite!

Thanks in advance

Sugababy13 wrote:
Thanks Hericane! Well I figure that much about the NO shampoo but wasn't sure of the actual details and procedures. I checked Sally's site and I think I'm going to try it! I see that they Available four formulations. Normal Hair, Color Treated, Dry, Damaged, and Dry Scalp Wow thanks again for the info. HHG
KINGTEHA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I actually read something from LHF stating that not shampooing was not good, and that it is best to just stick with shampooing and conditioners. Is this fair or not fair to say?
**Diamond*Diva**

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't see how not shampooing can hurt. It adds more moisture to your hair and it's not like your hair isn't getting clean. Conditioners have sulfates in them also that cleanse the hair. Many people's hair is responding well to the no shampoo regimen.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: FYI Reply with quote
The only problem I can see coming with the No-shampoo thing is that even though it can make your hair keep more moisture in, In the long run your scalp can get clogged, and DHT can possibly multiply. That's my 2 cents. Good luck

Arlenie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For someone like me who hates to shampoo in the first place having a product out there like this is great!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So Hericane, are you saying that you never have to use shampoo, ever?

angeeE5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have to disagree. Shampoo, especially if you make your own, is one of the best inventions. I hope you have taken notice to the fact that I completely disregarded shampoos on the market. Only you know what is best for your hair, and if you do not, you should never rely 100% on someone else's judgment because in the end, the products are applied to your hair and scalp, and not the reversal.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Angee I have heard that there are people that never use shampoo. I am not saying that I agree with that, but I really don't have any data on this. I wondered how many at this site has information on this. I always use shampoo because I feel it really does cleanse the scalp along with the hair, but I would like to know what is the logic behind not using it. Do you know or have you heard of this too?

angeeE5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have heard of this. I simply believe that it is ludicrous. Healthy hair derives from a well-cleaned scalp and well-conditioned ends. To eliminate shampoo from our hair regimen would be equivalent to going more than a week without consuming any food.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh I would never advise anyone to stop using shampoo. No no no I am for it. I just want to know why would someone think this is beneficial?

angeeE5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have no idea. I do not understand it, either.

Someone please supply some clarification on this matter, please! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: