Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Protein Treatments for Breakage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JessicaG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently, I'm using Motions CPR Protein Shampoo and Conditioner. Weekly, I deep condition by sitting under a hooded dryer for 20 minutes. I've seen a big change in hair breakage. My hair looks a lot healthier and stronger now.
drea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
did not know that
Miss UK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Eggs Reply with quote
Raws eggs are great. Sounds horrible and a little bit messy but leaves your hair shiney and healthy after use.

Mix 2 small eggs with a teaspoon of olive oil. Apply to dry hair and leave on for at least 30 minutes. Wash out and stlye as normal. An alternative is to add an egg to a spoonful of your favourite conditioner and apply as normal. FANTASTIC results.
lovely0706

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Organic Root Stimulator(ORS)Hair Mayo is a great treatment for breakage. I also use profectiv break free as a moisturizing deep comditining treatment and my hair so soft and healthy. you have to be careful to balance moisture and protien otherwise your hair with begin to break off.
Sarah4god

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lovely0706 wrote:
Organic Root Stimulator(ORS)Hair Mayo is a great treatment for breakage. I also use profectiv break free as a moisturizing deep comditining treatment and my hair so soft and healthy. you have to be careful to balance moisture and protien otherwise your hair with begin to break off.

How can I have careful to balance moisture and protien?

Help me.

Thank you
hericane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Queen Helene Cholesterol with Ginseng is a really cheap (under $3), effective balance of protein and moisture. This is the ONLY cholesterol that has ever impressed me ans done more than just "sit" on my hair.
NeedMyHairBack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: buns and up-dos Reply with quote
do protective styles really work? Why is it so important to protect your ends?
hericane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: buns and up-dos Reply with quote
NeedMyHairBack wrote:
do protective styles really work? Why is it so important to protect your ends?

Protective styling seem to be a vital step for most ladies wishing to break past shoulder length. It significantly decreases the breakage/dryness caused by having your hair ends rub against your clothes. Also, if hair is moisturized, it helps to hold the moisture better.
NeedMyHairBack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: protective styles.... Reply with quote
so do you have any protective styles that are good for beginners....i need some protective styling ideas....
hericane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: protective styles.... Reply with quote
NeedMyHairBack wrote:
so do you have any protective styles that are good for beginners....i need some protective styling ideas....

How long is your hair?
Desire.Steel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Protein Treatment Reply with quote
After I deep condition with protein and moisturizer, rollerset, and sit under medium heated hair dryer for 15-20 min do I wash the protein/moisturizer out or can I just finger comb my hair and proceed with my day?

Another question is there a protein/moisturizer I can leave in my hair?
hericane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Desire, PULEEZE don't wash out you beautiful rollerset. Once you DC and rinse your hair, you are A OK! You can do protein and moisture together or separately. See what works best for you. I sometimes do protein conditioner on dry hair for 20 minutes with heat, rinse, shampoo, then do moisturizing conditoner for 20 more minutes with heat, then rinse and style.
NeedMyHairBack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: protective styles Reply with quote
my hair is neck length but thick...
hericane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: protective styles Reply with quote
NeedMyHairBack wrote:
my hair is neck length but thick...

At that length, you have a little style freedom. You hair is not yet rubbing against your shoulders, which is really the point that protective styling helps. You could easily do some nice doobie sets or flexi-rod/rollersets. If you like wearing hair clips, try some curls across the top and and updo/french twist.
keisha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i think le kair cholosterol plus is on of the cheap ones that does a good job, i also like to add honey and virgin coconut oil to it before i apply it to my hair and then sit under a warm dryer for some minutes. I plan on trying the mizani i hear so much raves about it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: