Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Protein Treatments for Breakage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
storm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hair Breakage Reply with quote
hericane wrote:
nrogersbell wrote:
The extra conditioning makes alot of since. However, I shampoo, condition, blow dry and flat iron my hair once a week. I would like to start the extra conditioning. I would have to blow dry and flat iron my hair everytime I condition. I think that would be too much on my hair. Any other suggestions?

Are you a fan of buns or up-do's? You could add an extra conditioning session during the week by incorporation a sleek chignon or airdry and then curl with Caruso steam rollers; doing bantu knots on damp hair is also another option. They look really cute down and also make cute up-do's. By NO MEANS would I advocate blow drying and flat ironing 2x a week.

ITA with hericane. I think you use less heat on your hair. I are going to apply heat to your hair make sure that you use an heat protectant before you apply heat. I have only flatiron hair 3x since I relax and thats over 7year now. I use to use curling iron and it fry my ends and damage it really bad I threw away the iron. Now I only use heat for deep conditioning
Pasheen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am to try a protein co. On your suggestion I am going to order the Jheri Redding. I looked them up and the
Ingredients are:

Water, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Sodium Chloride, Apple Cider Vinegar.

I hope it isn't too stinky through. Confused

~Pasheen
hericane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pasheen wrote:
I am to try a protein co. On your suggestion I am going to order the Jheri Redding. I looked them up and the
Ingredients are:

Water, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Sodium Chloride, Apple Cider Vinegar.

I hope it isn't too stinky through. Confused

Embarassed Just like soy sauce! Color and smell; BUT highly effective. Very Happy
hericane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A hardcore protein treatment is only needed in the following cases:

*to combat breakage
*as preventative care
*when your hair will not hold moisture
nrogersbell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Hair Breakage Reply with quote
hericane wrote:
nrogersbell wrote:
The extra conditioning makes alot of since. However, I shampoo, condition, blow dry and flat iron my hair once a week. I would like to start the extra conditioning. I would have to blow dry and flat iron my hair everytime I condition. I think that would be too much on my hair. Any other suggestions?

Are you a fan of buns or up-do's? You could add an extra conditioning session during the week by incorporation a sleek chignon or airdry and then curl with Caruso steam rollers; doing bantu knots on damp hair is also another option. They look really cute down and also make cute up-do's. By NO MEANS would I advocate blow drying and flat ironing 2x a week.

I would love to sport an up do, but my hair is too short. I'm very interested in the caruso steam rollers. I texturize my hair, so I still have alot of my natural curl patern. The humidity causes my hair to revert. Would the Caruso rollers do the same thing? Will it make my hair frizzy?
nrogersbell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Hair Shedding Reply with quote
I noticed lately that my hair has been shedding alot more lately. I know this because the hairs that shed have the white hair bulb on the ends. Would the protein treatments help to stop hair from shedding? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?
hericane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Hair Breakage Reply with quote
nrogersbell wrote:
hericane wrote:
nrogersbell wrote:

I would love to sport an up do, but my hair is too short. I'm very interested in the caruso steam rollers. I texturize my hair, so I still have alot of my natural curl patern. The humidity causes my hair to revert. Would the Caruso rollers do the same thing? Will it make my hair frizzy?

The Caruso rollers use steam heat - so yes, they probably would make your hair revert. If your texturized though, you probably already have considerable shrinkage. A wash and go would be a fast and easy protective style for you.
hericane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Hair Shedding Reply with quote
nrogersbell wrote:
I noticed lately that my hair has been shedding alot more lately. I know this because the hairs that shed have the white hair bulb on the ends. Would the protein treatments help to stop hair from shedding? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

I would suggest that you do a medium protein treatment.

Example: Aphogee 2-minute Keratin, Motions CPR, Softsheen Duo Tex, Jherri Redding Natural Protein, Mizani Kerafuse, or Nexxus Keraphix.
nrogersbell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hair Breakage Reply with quote
hericane wrote:
nrogersbell wrote:
hericane wrote:
nrogersbell wrote:

The Caruso rollers use steam heat - so yes, they probably would make your hair revert. If your texturized though, you probably already have considerable shrinkage. A wash and go would be a fast and easy protective style for you.

My hair is not really that short to wash and go. I would really look like a hot mess if i did that. It has to be straighted out some how without using heat everytime. Maybe, I could try roller set while sitting under a hair dryer. At least its not direct heat.
hericane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used tight rollersets when I first started growing my hair. I would just finger comb and through on my headband. It worked great, plus I had a style. As the curls loosened it really rocked!
nrogersbell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hericane wrote:
I used tight rollersets when I first started growing my hair. I would just finger comb and through on my headband. It worked great, plus I had a style. As the curls loosened it really rocked!

That is an awesome idea! I never thought of that. All I need to do now is go out and buy me a collection of head bands. I can finally lay off the blow drying and flat ironing. Thanks Hericane!
BlessedByDesign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
mzroz wrote:
Organic Root Stimulator(ORS)Hair Mayo is a great treatment for breakage. My hair was a wreak after recent surgery. The hospital dried my hair out, and once I returned home, I didn't have the energy to take proper care of my hair as I was recovering. Once I got my strength back, I realized how harshly the cold weather and dry indoor heat treated my hair. It was snapping off mid strand. I use ORS as a prepoo treatment. I saturate my dry hair with the product cover my hair with a plastic cap or plain ol' shopping bag and sitting under the dryer for 20 minutes. Another great treatment is to wrap a warm damp towel around your hair after applying the treatment. It's an instant steam deep conditioner. It does wonders for the breakage!! : Smile

This is so true. I use this now and love it.
BlessedByDesign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hericane wrote:

We must be hair cuzzins, cause this is EXACTLY what I do. Very Happy
Pasheen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay I have my protein yes itís stinky, LOL. But yesterday I put henna in my hair followed with indigo. I want to do the protein treatment tonight. Does anyone think that would be too much? Since the henna is a conditioning treatment too.

~Pasheen
storm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Hair Shedding Reply with quote
nrogersbell wrote:

hey nrogersbell, sorry to hear about your shedding I use garlic and olive oil a few time and that it. I have more breakage now than shedding.

7 Clove of Garlic
1-2oz of Olive oil (Blend these together and add to your root and ends. Place plastic cap on head and let sit for 30mins)

Hope this help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: