Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Lately

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malika26

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Lately Reply with quote
I have been cowashing and go. Idk y its been shedding not a lot but to much to me. I guess that's normal. I always look to see if I see the white bulb at the tip. Right now I am using my bonnet hair dryer with my cowash VO5 conditioner for about 10 minutes. Soon ill b 17 months natural and I havent clipped my enuds n 5 weeks.
*faith*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malika, maybe your hair is over moisturized. Hair needs to be balanced. When it receives too much moisture it sheds and can break. When it has too much protein it will shed and break as well. Maybe lighten up on the co-washing and do a protein treatment. The same thing happened to me last month. I over did it with the moisture and my hair was shedddiinngg so bad. Even though hair needs moisture...too much of it can be just as harmful as too much protein. Hope this helps Smile
MissCoco210

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
*faith* wrote:
Malika, maybe your hair is over moisturized. Hair needs to be balanced. When it receives too much moisture it sheds and can break. When it has too much protein it will shed and break as well. Maybe lighten up on the co-washing and do a protein treatment. The same thing happened to me last month. I over did it with the moisture and my hair was shedddiinngg so bad. Even though hair needs moisture...too much of it can be just as harmful as too much protein. Hope this helps Smile

I concur... That is what I was trying to say b4 but faith said it wonderfully.

malika26

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok so what should I do faith??? I have a pack of Ion Repair Solutions effective care treatment I just did an Aphogee protein treatment maybe 4 weeks ago. Help. Give me so some directions please
malika26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I foun d some ORS hair mayo under the sink I applied it and sat under the dryer for 15 minutes. I applied some conditioner for about 2 minutes I hope this stops the shedding. I want to join the challenge I would like to retain at least 2 1/2 inches by December. But if it keep shedding imma b SOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Growth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: