Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
castor oil

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malika26

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: castor oil Reply with quote
My beautician told me that I should use doo gro for my scalp instead of castor oil but I like cstor oil and I flat ironed my hair with it last night it is so soft..just wondering why come i cant use castor oil..its a moisturizer and hair grower correct?? Confused
Teneyia

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Many people swear by it and for others it doesn't work as good. Maybe she could tell by your scalp it was doing more bad then good. I used Doo Gro for 4 years with no problem.
6footlonghair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If your hair likes castor oil then I would stick with it. I love castor oil and would so much rather use that then Doo Gro. The first ingredient in Doo Gro oil is mineral oil which we all know is a no-no, but it also has other good ingredients. Just go with how your hair feels.

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Retinal (Vitamin A), Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D2) (Vitamin D), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Chamomila Recuita (Matricaria) Extract, Goldenseed Extract, Hops Extract, Soap Bark Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Cherry Bark Extract, Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract, Henna Extract, Horsetail Plant Extract, Safflower
Teneyia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mineral oil isn't bad for your hair. It doesn't absorb like coconut oil and people say it blocks out moisture. But is is made to keep moisture in. I don't like "she say" I need facts so I did a lot of reading. There is also a difference between industrial mineral oil and cosmetic mineral oil people think its industrial in hair care products.
6footlonghair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess it depends on the person. For me, mineral oil based products clogs my pores and doesn't allow moisture to penetrate my hair strands.
Teneyia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes because its a coating to sit on the hair not the scalp.

6footlonghair wrote:
I guess it depends on the person. For me, mineral oil based products clogs my pores and doesn't allow moisture to penetrate my hair strands.

6footlonghair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay...then this goes back to Malika's original question about using Doo Grow oil to oil her scalp. If the first ingredient is Mineral Oil, then obviously it's a Mineral Oil based product which if used on her scalp will probably clog her pores as well. Opposed to Castor Oil which has germicidal, insecticidal and fungicidal properties of Ricin/Ricinoleic acid to help protect the scalp and hair from microbial and fungal infections.
malika26

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well Im just going to continue using the castor oil I oiled my scalp 2 days ago and its still moisturized so Im going to use it up...still waiting on my new bottle of HF
ACE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
6footlonghair wrote:
Okay...then this goes back to Malika's original question about using Doo Grow oil to oil her scalp. If the first ingredient is Mineral Oil, then obviously it's a Mineral Oil based product which if used on her scalp will probably clog her pores as well. Opposed to Castor Oil which has germicidal, insecticidal and fungicidal properties of Ricin/Ricinoleic acid to help protect the scalp and hair from microbial and fungal infections.

very informative, thanks alot for the info.
Teneyia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes you're right

6footlonghair wrote:

ACE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malika uses a Doo Gro that doesnt uses mineral oil in it I believe
malika26

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like castor oil better tho I oiled my scalp and put some on my hair including the ends 3 days ago and when i take my wrap down I still have oil in my hand..My hair is EXTREMELY SOFT I like that..since hair has to be moisturized why not use moisturizung oil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Growth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: