Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Hairtenvention Help Needed ASAP!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
La_Boricua

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Hairtenvention Help Needed ASAP!!! Reply with quote
[size=18]Look at my hair and please tell me what can I do to resolve this problem. As you see is only breaking in the nape area BADLY. Here are pictures:[/size]

Your suggestion or advice are is very appreciated.

How can I add pictures??

http://public.fotki.com/BoricuaChica/hair-damaged/
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok first thing is are you on Hairfinity? If not put in an order. Second, what are you using and do you relax or dye your hair?

My advice is to stop all products and wash your hair with a non chemical shampoo. Now you need moisture so take a look at the below link and get some Guar

http://frugalgardeningmomma.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/guar-gum-conditioning-glaze/

Do not use heat of any kind, no blowers, flat-irons or curling irons. You can use rollers and air dry.

Do that to start off for at least two weeks, then contact me again.

arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's another link

http://www.texasnaturalsupply.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=GUAGP

La_Boricua

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
arrowwalker

If I were not using the Hairfinity vitamins I would not be here. The last time I had a relaxer in my hair was early Dec 2010. And the same time I had color shampoo, I do not use any other type of color, or chemical. In the meanwhile I use a brush to cover the grays.

I don't use Pantene o any other market shampoo, rinse or conditioner because it does not works for me AT ALL. I only use dominican products.
La_Boricua

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another thing is, I do not wash my hair with hot water, that's a NO NO. Only luke warm water.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LaBoricua, there is nothing wrong with using those products. If your hair is breaking off then it is better to stop it's use. I simply meant that hair that breaks is porous. Those chemicals can be quite harsh and do more harm than good. As for the HF vitamins there are many on this site that don't use them, and that's their personal preference but I do recommend them. I truly believe and seen the proof. I, didn't mean to offend you in any way. I just wanted to inform. There are many ladies on this site, including myself, that band together to help anyone in a stressful situation as yourself. We are here to help and inform. We are all Hair Warriors.

La_Boricua

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No ofense at all.

Thank you for your advice.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are most welcome I am here to help you anytime

ACE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
arrowwalker wrote:
LaBoricua, there is nothing wrong with using those products. If your hair is breaking off then it is better to stop it's use. I simply meant that hair that breaks is porous. Those chemicals can be quite harsh and do more harm than good. As for the HF vitamins there are many on this site that don't use them, and that's their personal preference but I do recommend them. I truly believe and seen the proof. I, didn't mean to offend you in any way. I just wanted to inform. There are many ladies on this site, including myself, that band together to help anyone in a stressful situation as yourself. We are here to help and inform. We are all Hair Warriors.

I (heart)you Arrow! I have seen people as well on here who do not use the HF vitamins but simply rnoy reading our posts or who used to use them but no longer do,due to personal reasons.I love this site and thank you for always pulling us peeps together in this world of challenges and successes.We are all warriors and need to stay positive.
ACE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I unfortunately many years ago now, had suffered that kind of breakage 2x.Once was from over processsing my hair from a self relaxer and maybe leaving it on too long,so my hair snapped off in the front just like that pic.What did I do to resolve it?Well, first I cried.... Crying or Very sad ....then prayed about it because I believed that it would still grow back with the right products.I began using oils in the hair and really babying that area.Id also keep that are covered with a longer piece of hair to camoflouge the damaged part.Before I knew it,the hair began to grow back.Also, if you do wrap the hair just being cautious of not changing the direction that you go in.Too much tension in one area can be harsh.The second time my hair looked like that but this time in the middle of my head.I discovered that right before a photoshoot, and came to the startling conclusion that stylsit burnt my hair off and didnt tell me at all.I was devastated and really miserable.I again prayed about it and soon enough after babying that central area and keeping the hair oiled it slowly but surely began growing back in.I find my hairline area and center of my head is very delicate and can break quickly if not cared for correctly.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So true Ace it takes a lot of tender loving care, but we will get through it.

Hang in there Boricua because I also been there. Except, my hair broke off all over. It was one inch and every few strands it was six inches. I also, cried my eyes out and proceeded to google it. This is how I found this site. I began the baby care and just wash and roller dried. Every now and then I did a special hot oil treatment and before long it grew. Only to cut it again and again. I had to do it just to even it out. Now I am so careful about everything I use. I read labels and stay away from chemicals in shampoo and conditioners. I am presently using Nature's Gate. It is purely natural.

ACE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i dont like cutting my hair...i really dont miss those salons cutting off my growth at all Cool
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I never went to a salon. I cut my own hair to even it out.

ACE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
u did?were you nervous?
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No I had one inch mixed with sixinches of hair. I cried every time I cut it. I was horrified to see so much damage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: