Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Wrap Breakage!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mrs.B



Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 30

Location: Alaska

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Wrap Breakage!!!!! Reply with quote
Everynight i use a wrap cap (I guess thats theright word for it lol) but now i notice that it is causing my hair to break in the back and onthe sides from where it lays against my hair. What would be a good thing to use to wrap my hair?

Also, what would be a good way of wrapping my hair. I don't go to a hairdresser anymore because of me moving up here so i just curl it and wrap it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hericane



Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 284

Location: In the Heart of a King!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try using a regular 100% silk scarf ( I ordered mine for $5 on ebay). Then "cross-wrap" - Part your hair straight down the back, then bring the left side over the right one and clip with a duckbill clip wherever your hair ends stop. Then bring the right side to the left and clip in the same way. The back should look like a crisscross. I love this way. Keeps both sides nice and strong and needs NO brushing. Wink
_________________
Current Length: 3-4" to APL (AGAIN!)
Goal Length: 2-3" past BSL
Regimen: Ayurvedic hair mask/tea rinse 3x per wk, Deep condition with heat 2-3x per week, Seal with oil, Airdry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mrs.B



Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 30

Location: Alaska

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Hair breakage Reply with quote
hericane wrote:
Try using a regular 100% silk scarf ( I ordered mine for $5 on ebay). Then "cross-wrap" - Part your hair straight down the back, then bring the left side over the right one and clip with a duckbill clip wherever your hair ends stop. Then bring the right side to the left and clip in the same way. The back should look like a crisscross. I love this way. Keeps both sides nice and strong and needs NO brushing. Wink


Tjanks for the advice Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hericane



Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 284

Location: In the Heart of a King!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Hair breakage Reply with quote
Mrs.B wrote:
hericane wrote:
Try using a regular 100% silk scarf ( I ordered mine for $5 on ebay). Then "cross-wrap" - Part your hair straight down the back, then bring the left side over the right one and clip with a duckbill clip wherever your hair ends stop. Then bring the right side to the left and clip in the same way. The back should look like a crisscross. I love this way. Keeps both sides nice and strong and needs NO brushing. Wink


Tjanks for the advice Laughing
Anytime! I think you'll love the results of the cross wrap!
_________________
Current Length: 3-4" to APL (AGAIN!)
Goal Length: 2-3" past BSL
Regimen: Ayurvedic hair mask/tea rinse 3x per wk, Deep condition with heat 2-3x per week, Seal with oil, Airdry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KINGTEHA



Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 53

Location: AUGUSTA, GA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Hair breakage Reply with quote
You said ebay? I will have to look that up! Sounds like a good investment. I have never heard of that product, so thanks for putting that info out.

Thanks

hericane wrote:
Mrs.B wrote:
hericane wrote:
Try using a regular 100% silk scarf ( I ordered mine for $5 on ebay). Then "cross-wrap" - Part your hair straight down the back, then bring the left side over the right one and clip with a duckbill clip wherever your hair ends stop. Then bring the right side to the left and clip in the same way. The back should look like a crisscross. I love this way. Keeps both sides nice and strong and needs NO brushing. Wink


Tjanks for the advice Laughing
Anytime! I think you'll love the results of the cross wrap!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DIVA



Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 558

Location: North Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can go to www.texasbeautysupply.com and order silk/satin scarves!
_________________
BSL 2011-JUNE 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jpmiyuka



Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 939

Location: Houston

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You also can switch up the way you wrap it every time to prevent breakage on one side. You wrap it to the left one night, and wrap it to the right the next. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kwicherbichen



Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 207

Location: Dallas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Or you could not wrap to begin with. You should check out Stay-On satin scarves...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
angeeE5



Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Posts: 2274

Location: Philadelphia

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kwicherbichen,

You have said nothing but a word. I own just about every single scarf and bonnet from this line. But I have to say that my favorite is Cristina's Magic Wrap Scarfs. Superb.
_________________
Beautiful Branches Rooted in the Serengeti
http://spiralrootz.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jpmiyuka



Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 939

Location: Houston

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you heard of "cross-wrapping"?

http://www.long-healthy-hair-advisor.com/how-to-wrap-black-hair.html
_________________

Transitioning!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angeeE5



Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Posts: 2274

Location: Philadelphia

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you so much for this link because I did not know how to cross-wrap. This has made my night time regimen less difficult. Thank you so much! Very Happy
_________________
Beautiful Branches Rooted in the Serengeti
http://spiralrootz.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kerryann



Joined: 01 Apr 2009
Posts: 368

Location: new york

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
satin scarf is doing it for u
_________________
hoping hairfinty works
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arrowwalker



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 5928


PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sometimes I'll mist my hairline with plain water before I wrap it up for the night. Try this and it does prevent it from breaking.
_________________
We are all related!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angeeE5



Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Posts: 2274

Location: Philadelphia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the rare instance that I do wrap my hair, I always give a good scalp massage with coconut oil and wrap my hair in the opposite direction of my part. However, I prefer to braid my hair because I just LOVE texture. Very Happy
_________________
Beautiful Branches Rooted in the Serengeti
http://spiralrootz.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arrowwalker



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 5928


PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I love the texture too Angee but sometimes I don't want the waves.
_________________
We are all related!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum







Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group