Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
DOES CO-WASH CAUSE HAIR SHREDDING?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: DOES CO-WASH CAUSE HAIR SHREDDING? Reply with quote
Everytime I am co-washing, it seems that my hair is shredding not bad but just a few in sink. I would say it normal, but why?
angeeE5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hair shedding is different than hair breakage. If your hair falls out from the follicle w/o excess pulling (i.e. combing, brushing), then that is shedding. However, if you have combed or brushed the hair during that time, then it is breaking and not shedding. It is normal to lose 50-100 hair strands a day, so do not fret!

Try not to overdo the co-washing method. If you must co-washing, do so once every 3-5 days. Make sure that you wash the hair with a clarifying shampoo once a month. If you have omitted shampoo from your hair regimen all together, then you must invest in a high-quality conditioner, preferably salon size since you are going to need it.
ACE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
One thing that this hair stylist told me was to make sure you comb the hair from the ends very carefully with a big toothed comb or brush prior to washing so that the hair that is going to automatically shed will happen beforehand. Ever since Ive used that tip I've been ok.
angeeE5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree. I always make sure that I comb my hair out to remove all of the tangles before shampooing my hair. I use my Quidad Double Detangler along with warm water in a spray bottle, but I only spray the ends and the roots followed with a comb-through.
Adrz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Ok, it is relieved! Reply with quote
thanks, it is helps. I usually co-wash twice or three times, a month- is it bad? I do it because my hair was breaking so much from co washing everytime. I am tired of it, I only co washing probably twice a month . I use clarifying shampoo month once.
angeeE5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, actually that is really good. Of course it depends on your natural hair type and texture. Curly or kinky hair needs that moisture, so co-washes are encouraged. It is great that you only clarify your hair once a month. That is best for your hair. Just make sure that you do shampoo your hair with a neutral shampoo that has natural astringents, no SLS or ALS, etc. You are on the right track Smile .
ACE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i enjoy cowashing but I believe I need to invest in a better salon grade conditioner thats more lusher than Mizani maybe...any reccommendations?
Adrz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That what my professional hairstylist uses a lot. I am not fan of proffessional salon hair products, I use a lot of organic or homemade hair products. It works better for me. It has a lot benefits since it doesn't have sls, parbean, chemical harash like most salon hair products do. The last hair product I used by a professional salon is Mane n Tail. It has parbean I usually went against but this one worked well for me. The only thing is that it just sat on top of my hair , if I tried using it as spirtz. I guess it didn't work well like organic , my favorite is Giovanni.
ACE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i only have the giovanni direct leave in but what conditioner by Giovanni do you find that u like most?
Adrz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried
-Giovanni Direct leave in too- it really wonderful to leave my hair soft than any products .

-I did try Giovanni Reconstructor , the lady at Sally's said I was not supposed buy that since I was natural but it helped saved my hair anyway I applied each other week . It has great source protein you don't need homemade egg.

- I did try Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner, it is good but my favorite is Giovanni 50/50 remoisturer conditioner. I heard Triple Tree Tea Conditioner is wonderful to keep you hydrated, I have not tried it, only Giovanni Triple Tree Tea shampoo- it was great to relieve my itching. as great as
ACE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
when I saw the 50/50 one I wasnt sure if I shouldve gotten that one or not but I did hear good things about it.Why did the ladY at Sallys recommend you not get the reconstructor?
Adrz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know why. She just assume that most natural women don't need it cuz they don't have any chemical in hair . I am natural with afro, but I really don't take her words personally. Giovanni rescrutor is a very great resouce of protein that help grow hair better than Castor oil in my opinion, Sally's beauty store really don't know a lot about hair . They only based on their own opinions. I always told everyone to not listen to them or reviews. They never know what will work the best for them , in end. My cousin that wanna go natural , she keeping ask Sally's beauty for advices . They told her to only use denman brush in shower along with conditioner, but I told her to just use it when hair is wet then style it in any way.

Yea, 50/50 is a very great conditioner that keep you hyradated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: