Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
No Breakage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissCoco210

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: No Breakage Reply with quote
I have no breakage due to keeping my hair in braids... it is out now and I keep it moisturized and i have tons of shedding with the MN MT chall I am on... my hair is growing fast... if i keep taking my garlic pills and do my garlic treatments I should be cool... can't wait until i cut my nails so I can put braids in my hair to retain length

6footlonghair

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another thing that helps with Shedding is coffee or tea rinses. I used to live by garlic until I tried the coffee rinse.
That's good that you have no breakage! keep up the good work!
txyoung

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have heard about the coffee and tea rinses..How has that worked for you..I heard that it really darkens your hair and how do you prepare the mixture..Also would you say that the pills or rinses did the best with controlling the shedding..Funny I just realized that I have tons of shedding just thought that it was normal..Sorry for all the questions..lol
6footlonghair

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have only done the rinse twice..but before I did it..I had crazy shedding. After the first rinse, the shedding stopped. I probably get 6-8 shed hairs a day the most. I will be switching to black tea instead because I heard that has more caffeine and could be more effective.
What I did was brew the coffee then let it sit until it was cool
Washed my hair then poured the coffee all through out my hair then applied a Deep Conditioner over it. Let it sit for an hour then rinsed out.
Coffee and Tea rinses can be drying so a Deep Conditioning treatment is needed.
I would say the coffee or tea rinses are more effective, but thats just for me. It may be different for others. I will still do the tea rinses even with minimal shedding because my hair feels so much stronger after

It does darken the hair, but for me it didn't because I also do henna treatments. So my hair is a dark brown.
txyoung

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow..Thanks for the detailed information..Now you just raised another question. lol How is the henna working for you..I have both pros and cons about it but have never tried it..Also r u natural or relaxed becasue I am natural and I don't know if henna will work good on natural hair..
6footlonghair

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for Hi-jacking the thread Miss Coco

TxYoung- No Problem...
The henna is working great. What I found out is that Henna Glosses works best for me. What I do is Put 3 tablespoons of henna in about 1.5 cups of Conditioner, some coffee(because I dont want red hair) and add about 1 table spoon of coconut oil let it sit for about 2 hours, apply and let it sit on my hair for 2 hours. I still got some of the color and my hair was so strong after..just like the coffee and tea rinse, you would have to Deep Condition after because the henna can be drying.
I'm relaxed, but I'm a long term stretcher..I am currently 4 months post.
I heard it works even better for naturals..the only thing it may do to your natural hair though...is loosen the curl pattern..
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump

Adrz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is not garlic pill going give you bad breath? LOL, just asking 'cuz my ex boyfriend used having garlic pills controlling blood pressure . One day it stuck in his throat, he didn't swallow right . He said whenever it happened he would have terrible breath.

I would like know if it different ones or same one? He took "Garliqic" (I can't spell)
Adrz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: black tea rinse Reply with quote
I heard a lot about black tea rinse, I wanna try it because I been seeing my hair shredding . It is just a normal daily shredding, still I dislike seeing shredding hair on comb. How do black tea rinse works?

I know you only put tea bag in water and wait til it is warm then dip hair in it put plastic cap on it while it is wet with black tea? Sit under dryer hooded? If so How many mins.... after that should I rinse it out and then use my conditioner, shampoo, or deep conditioner?

I tried watching black tea rinses youtube, a lot of them have different opinions. I rather for you tell me your review and steps on how it works.
ACE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
where do people get black tea from?just any regular store?
Adrz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
yea, it can be Lipton tea bag at any regular store. Or any kinda cheap tea bags, dont have to be expensive .
Adrz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I heard green tea is as good as black tea, but green is decaffenie. It means it will not probably change color or stain towel like black did. Black has caffenie. I am gotta try green first, then black later.
ACE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well let me know what happens first before i decide to try either one lol
Adrz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: I tried it but Reply with quote
Ace,
Before I went to try it, I research and found that decaffineted tea is actually bad. Look at this link about hair /tea http://www.common-sense-health.com/green-tea-and-hair-loss.htm

HTH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: