Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Major Breakage
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Empire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Major Breakage Reply with quote
Ladies, I experienced major breakage/shedding last night. The past couple of days have been quite hot and I noticed my hair looked much drier than it did last week.

I am 9 weeks post relaxer and this is the first time I have been able to manage my NG past 4 weeks.

Last night I felt it getting a bit matted so I spritzed with my water, aloe, glycerin, and conditioner mixture. Then proceeded to detangle. What a disaster!

I saw so many hairs I almost cried. How do you ladies detangle your hair? How do you prevent your NG from becoming matted while minimizing manipulation?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
ACE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
id suggest using warm coconut oil exta virgin if possible....only use that and nothing else.leave it on the hair for an hour with a cap then rinse in warm water while rinsing under water try finger combing gently and use a big big toothed comb slowly....girl im sorry you are going through this.im going through a breakage situuation myself but from my ends and can't figure out why
Empire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Ace I will try that. I am afraid of combing even with conditioner under water. I hate seeing any hair fall out.

Oh no Ace you have such lovely, healthy ends let's get that breakage under control ASAP. You are my inspiration and I can't wait to have a ponytail like yours.

[/url]
Jolie7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
try a protien treatment that helped my hair after a MAJOR disaster i had, after using it i noticed my hair coming back to life, also you should try loreal mega deep treatment for damaged hair, get a foil cap and leave it on for like 15-20 mins no heat needed, if u need anymore help let us know Very Happy
ACE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
aw thanks Empire.What Im noticing with my hair is that I looked into the mirror when I was at work and saw a strand of my hair with a huge knot in it...when I lifted up that strand to single it out from the others...I saw alot of other strands tangled into a ball in the center of one strand.I had no choice but to either A. cut it with scissors or B. carefully pull the hairr out from the knot...well no scissors were near by so I went with option B. Crying or Very sad Thats whats been happening alot lately to my hair in several sections primarily when wet, but in today case it was dry, and I get breakage that way.My theory is this,I have some hidden split ends that must be growing some how outta control and its to the point where they are leeching or latching onto other healthy strands in my head and taking them down like weeds in a garden! I feel like my head is becoming overwhelmed by hair weeds Crying or Very sad .I dont know what to do.I just ordered the Splitender last night so next week I should have it.I also ordered the Joico KPAK deep penetrating reconstructor from Amazon.com last night.I need some hair help Jesus...please... Rolling Eyes
shellabella

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Major Breakage Reply with quote
Empire wrote:
Ladies, I experienced major breakage/shedding last night. The past couple of days have been quite hot and I noticed my hair looked much drier than it did last week.

I am 9 weeks post relaxer and this is the first time I have been able to manage my NG past 4 weeks.

Last night I felt it getting a bit matted so I spritzed with my water, aloe, glycerin, and conditioner mixture. Then proceeded to detangle. What a disaster!

I saw so many hairs I almost cried. How do you ladies detangle your hair? How do you prevent your NG from becoming matted while minimizing manipulation?

Hi Empire...I'm sorry to hear that you are having problem with your hair. I don't usually respone to posts , but I do visit this site daily, and felt the need to comment.

First of all I cannot....nor do I have the license to give you any advice for your hair. I do not know your hair type, texture, and etc. ...but maybe you can help yourself by determining why your hair is suddenly very dry, breaking, and shedding?

I know too much of anything is a BAD thing. I know that too much protein can be very drying and can lead to breakage, therefore, I probably would not add protein, until I can ruled out if that what's causing my breakage....Using too much HEAT will make hair feel brittle, it's burning out at this point.

Too much conditioner....this may surprised many of you..... will lead to SHEDDING of hair. I learn this information from a very good reputable hair forum website where many hair stylists, who are experts answered questions posted by clients who visit the site.

Also...are you doing anything different to your hair, like trying new products, is it necessary for you to wash your hair everyday, are you wearing your hair in a protected style, do you have a good hair stylist WHO CARES ABOUT YOU & YOUR CONCERNS,

If so... is she or he is helping you through your transitioning process? Maybe your beautician can help you choose a beautiful natural style that, "DOESN"T REQUIRES HEAT," that makes you and your hair happy...and lastly... how is your health? Maybe it's time to see a doctor, and have a blood work These are questions I find necessary to ruled out the cause.

I personally believe that too much protein and conditioner were the causes of your shedding (conditioner) and breaking (protein). Please know that I'm no expert.
shellabella

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rebuttal:
I wrote...are you doing anything different to your hair, like trying new products?

What I mean is....are you trying new products that made NOT be good for your hair, and are you caring for your hair differently than you normally do?

I apologize for any confusion.
shellabella

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please forgive my manner...Hi Ladies, Hello ACE Smile)

There is one other important information I like to add is when you are applying heat to your hair....make sure the product that you are using is compatible for heat.

From my personal experience...I have 100% African American hair or type 4 hair, which is dry and kinky in nature. So I know to choose a hair product that is compatible with my hair type, when applying heat.

I believe most thin oils are not good for the hair when applying hot styling tool to it....I strongly believe that oil singes or fries the hair....making it feel hard, and build up on the hair from certain products can also make hair look and feel dry when applying heat to it.

So be weary of the product you choose.

A little bit about myself: I'm probably older than most of you on this site. I have medium full length hair. I'm currently taking hairfinity since February 16th of this year to help my hair grow out more healthier. I burned out my hair last August from using the heat excessively due to high humidity at a city where I was visiting.

Now my hair is much thicker and longer. I thank God that He has mercy on me and my hair, because it is recovering nicely so far. I usually use Creme of Nature shampoo for brittle dry hair, or for relaxed damaged hair that is sulfate free, and I rub ORS carrot oil in my hair ....that is water base, then I use a little bit of leave in conditioner....I don't use it everyday, the conditioner in the Creme of Nature Shampoo usually contain enough conditioner.

To seal in my moisture, I use Ultra Sheen Satin Pres, that is made for pressing..... specifically for AA hair type., but instead of pressing it , I blow dry my hair in low heat with a detangle comb attached to the dryer.
I always detangle my hair in 8 sections with a wide tooth comb before using the attached blow dryer for easier detangling and preventing breaking of the attached comb.

I wear a nice wig that is micro braids in style over my cornrows that gives my hair rest, and it also gives my face an attractive natural look. A lot of people thought I was wearing micro braids, and they asked me who did my hair?

I hope some of these informations help Smile)
MissCoco210

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
when the hair is wet and you are combing it you are putting tons of stress on the hair... you have to detangle when your hair had the most slip. you could use a detangler... but i heard detangle your hair under running water... I hope this help... because i hate detangling my self... when i was 16 weeks post i used mane and tail detangler... it was ok not much breakage but i was able to detangle and rollerset my hair.

ACE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey shellabella how's it going miss?where can I find the ultra satin press??what brand is that can it be found online?what color bottke is the crème of nature bottle you are using and does it specifically say its sulfate free?
shellabella wrote:

There is one other important information I like to add is when you are applying heat to your hair....make sure the product that you are using is compatible for heat.

From my personal experience...I have 100% African American hair or type 4 hair, which is dry and kinky in nature. So I know to choose a hair product that is compatible with my hair type, when applying heat.

I believe most thin oils are not good for the hair when applying hot styling tool to it....I strongly believe that oil singes or fries the hair....making it feel hard, and build up on the hair from certain products can also make hair look and feel dry when applying heat to it.

A little bit about myself: I'm probably older than most of you on this site. I have medium full length hair. I'm currently taking hairfinity since February 16th of this year to help my hair grow out more healthier. I burned out my hair last August from using the heat excessively due to high humidity at a city where I was visiting.

Now my hair is much thicker and longer. I thank God that He has mercy on me and my hair, because it is recovering nicely so far. I usually use Creme of Nature shampoo for brittle dry hair, or for relaxed damaged hair that is sulfate free, and I rub ORS carrot oil in my hair ....that is water base, then I use a little bit of leave in conditioner....I don't use it everyday, the conditioner in the Creme of Nature Shampoo usually contain enough conditioner.

To seal in my moisture, I use Ultra Sheen Satin Pres, that is made for pressing..... specifically for AA hair type., but instead of pressing it , I blow dry my hair in low heat with a detangle comb attached to the dryer.
I always detangle my hair in 8 sections with a wide tooth comb before using the attached blow dryer for easier detangling and preventing breaking of the attached comb.

I wear a nice wig that is micro braids in style over my cornrows that gives my hair rest, and it also gives my face an attractive natural look. A lot of people thought I was wearing micro braids, and they asked me who did my hair?

ACE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i just got the splitender finally so hopefully that will take care of my hair issue,plus my liter size bottle of joico kpak reconstructor just came today in the mail....i plan to use it on my hair tomorrow once i get off work.ill keep you all posted.
Empire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ace: Good luck with the splitender - let us know how it works.
I did a hot oil DC last night with coconut, olive, almond and castor oil. After co-wash with HE Hydralicious my hair was quite manageable.

I did cornrows for a braid out but just added a phony pony instead Smile

Shellabella: Thanks for all the advice. I think I need way more protein. I will do an Aphogee treatment this week.

MissCoco: I have not used any detanglers. I will try MTG it seems to get rave reviews.

Got2B Smooth operator is amazing by the way it made my hair so smooth and easy to comb.

[/url]
devy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Major Breakage Reply with quote
Empire wrote:

I have had my relaxer for 20weeks and I have had less breakage than usually since schools out and i don't flat iron my hair anymore. Try Palmers Olive Oil Deep Conditioner it made my hair combable and soft!!

Last edited by devy on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ACE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just bought the ultra press cream!!!I was the last one in the beauty suppply trying to find it lol....
shellabella wrote:

Empire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Major Breakage Reply with quote
Thanks Devy, I will let you know how it works when i get a chance to try it.

devy wrote:
Empire wrote:

I have had my relaxer for 20weeks and I have had less breakage than usually since schools out and i don't flat iron my hair anymore. Try Palmers Olive Oil Deep Conditioner it made my hair combable and soft!!

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: