Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Combing/detangling hair
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Empire

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Combing/detangling hair Reply with quote
Do you comb when you moisturize?

I hear of low manipulation and I would like to do that but I am afraid of dreadful tangles.
I moisturize everyday and use a wide tooth comb but I still see hairs in the comb and I panic.
Should I not detangle when I moisturize?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
ACE

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
empire...don't freak out missy.we all shed daily,100 strands a day is even NORMAL lol.I knoow it sounds like a lot but its not.the faster your hair grows the more dead hair will shed.as long as those strands are long with little tiny white colored bulbs at the ends of each strand you are ok.if the strands are choppy little strands that are so short,then that's breakage girl.if you are combing and u see long strands in the comb its quite alright.I gently comb or brush after moisture and sealing.sometimes breakage can occur even if u moisturize.yes even if u moisturize,reason being,you may not use enough to cover each section for eeven distribution.from the rroot to ends must be lubricated to prevent breakage.
Empire

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ace once again you come to my rescue. Thank you!

I see both long and short pieces unfortunately. Does anyone ever eliminate breakage completely? Cause I would love to reach that point

[/url]
6footlonghair

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't comb when I moisturize and I moisturize twice a day.
I only comb on wash days.
I just use a rat tail comb, part my hair and apply moisturizer and oil to seal. Then put my hair right back in my braid or bun.
malika26

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I c both breakage and shedding I am all natural since 4/10/2010..final BC was on 4/17/10..i moisturize and oil my scalp with EVOO..idk..o i do use megatek havent used it since last friday
ACE

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Empire wrote:
Ace once again you come to my rescue. Thank you!

I see both long and short pieces unfortunately. Does anyone ever eliminate breakage completely? Cause I would love to reach that point

You are welcome.Thats a great question.The hair is so fragile.Just using the comb too harsh or brush can snap the hair.Hair thats too dirty can lead to breakage.The clothes (shirts or dresses) can nap off the ends which shorten length in various parts of the back of the hair.Your pillow or material of your scarf,or not tying up the hair at all can lead to breakage....for heavens sake your jewelry can snap the hair too...my cheapie earrings kept causing my hair to break from being tangled in them.I used to even have hairs of breakage on the backs of my shirts.Its truly vital that the hair is properly cared for,like lace as COCO has said.Moisturizing and Sealing is so important everyday.Knowing when the hair need protein....not using it on a just because basis.Hair is job in itself lol Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Laughing
krissyprissy

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I moisturize, I do not comb thru my hair. I take my hair down, moisturize and only smooth the edges with a boar brush. And back it goes into a bun or french twist.
ACE

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
kp are you on youtube?id like to see how you do your reg bun vs twisted.
ACE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
im proud of myself because ive actually been able to just moisturize and seal without having to even use a comb in my hair at all.this week ive had my hair in corn rows all dang on week!Mel girl that was so easy to oil my scalp with the JBCO thanks!
Empire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have noticed that wearing cornrows make it so much easier to oil the scalp. I will have mine done this weekend again.

[/url]
malika26

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
me too Empire..i think this time i can get away with putting rubberbands on the end..what do you put on ur hair to hold the braid in place
Empire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I use a regular pony tail holder to hold the ends and add a piece. So my length is protected and my ends are hidden too.

[/url]
ACE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Empire wrote:
I use a regular pony tail holder to hold the ends and add a piece. So my length is protected and my ends are hidden too.

you know what,thats helpful....the added piece,i just bought a drawstring pony tail from the beauty supply and im not certain how to use it so it will look natural lol...it has these clips on the inside of it so ill have to try my best to figure it out.
ACE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i need to start usig my rat tail comb to part my hair because i havent been doing that.Just my fingers.I also need to put my hair in cornrows but its so thick esp in the middle of my head.i just do not wanna see breakage.
babygurl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: detangle... Reply with quote
Detangle hair before washing it. Brush hair thoroughly before washing to get any loose hairs or dirt out. Hair tends to tangle on its own when hair is dry and wetting it can make it worse.
While hair is wet, use a wide-toothed comb and section hair off in small sections. To prevent knots, comb beginning at the ends and slowly move up, section by section, to the roots...

Since tangles tend to happen at the ends of hair, be sure to apply a deep conditioner to the ends. This will soften them and help to prevent tangling.
If hair is already tangled, apply a dime-sized amount of oil or conditioner to the knot to loosen it with a wide-toothed comb, carefully combing out the knot.... Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: