Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
My daughter's hair care & progress (with pictures)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
briddie



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: My daughter's hair care & progress (with pictures) Reply with quote
Well, I have just started my daughters hair care with a new regime wich I want to try if it will make her hair more softer, pliable, meanageble, shining, stronger and grow longer ofcourse.

My daughter is now 4 1/2 y. By the way we r 100% black (ghanaian) and I am not living in a english speaking country so try to ignore my writing mistakes Very Happy.
Lizzy was born totally bald, while other black kids in the room had lots of curls etc, nd since i am crazy about kids hair, back then I felt so disappointed.
But when she turn 1 started with her hair, braiding etc.etc. then when time went on I braided her hair with attachment. That made her hair grow bit by bit, it really loved her hair (her hair is 4b).

Now at the age of 4 1/2 I have decided to let her hair rest more longer than I normally do (esp. now that summer is coming soon, in summer ur hair grow faster then in winter). I will do this till october this year then she will go back to the attachments (winter time) but till then...

It was just last sunday that I took her braids off. I will tell what my regime is later but first will post pictures of her hair (no face) as baby and till now. I dont have much pictures without her face so have to adjust some pictures.

Comments and ideas and ur own kids stories r ALWAYS welcome!!!
_________________
never tell God how big ur problem is, but tell the problem how big ur God is!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
briddie



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am trying everything to post pictures, but i don't see where I should be to do that, can anybody help me??
_________________
never tell God how big ur problem is, but tell the problem how big ur God is!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MissCoco210



Joined: 11 Nov 2009
Posts: 1567

Location: Harrison, New York, USA

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
When you are posting a pic copy the link where the picture is located that mean you have to put the pic online... and when it is online right click the picture and select copy link location... when making a post on HF press the IMG button at the top paste the link and press the IMG button again which closes it and makes it way here is the picture


of paste the link here where the picture is located and we will be redirected to that site
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
briddie



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MissCoco210 wrote:
When you are posting a pic copy the link where the picture is located that mean you have to put the pic online... and when it is online right click the picture and select copy link location... when making a post on HF press the IMG button at the top paste the link and press the IMG button again which closes it and makes it way here is the picture


of paste the link here where the picture is located and we will be redirected to that site


Ones again, thank u so so much..let me try if i can do it directly otherwise I will indeed create some link where i can put the pix! Very Happy
_________________
never tell God how big ur problem is, but tell the problem how big ur God is!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MissCoco210



Joined: 11 Nov 2009
Posts: 1567

Location: Harrison, New York, USA

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cool
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
briddie



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, i have decided to give the link, cos the pix will be too much overhere I think, and time by time I will add more and my skills if it is worth it..lol Very Happy

www.public.fotki.com/bridje
comments pls Very Happy
_________________
never tell God how big ur problem is, but tell the problem how big ur God is!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
briddie



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So what I did is, after taken the braids out, I combed it, use castor oil (mixed with almond oil) on her scalp and root..not much, comb the root a bit so that everywhere was covered..it was so smooth and i could see all the dirth melting..lol, did 6 plaits in it, cover it with cap and thin towel (otherwise she couldnt sleep with it)

I have decided to do this castor oil treatment weekly, to see if her hair will like it. I have done some research about it, also i got to know that my neighbour always did this with her daughters hair..and my gudness this girl hair is thick. I always thought it was genetic, but her mother told me that her daughter used to have very thin hair, somebody adviced her to do that. She has now even stopped cos her hair was getting too thick

Next morning I washed the oil out of her hair, used she butter shampoo conditioner, towel dried it, massage organic mayonaise on her scalp, rooth, and combed it out, placed a cap and let her under the hairdryer for 15 minuts, washed it out, towel dried it, sprayed PCJ detangeling spray in her hair, kinda strecthed blowed dried, measured it, massage gro strong triple action on her scalp, sealed it with coconut leave in oil . I am very pleased with her hair cos it was very easy to comb, very soft and my gudness i am so surprised with the growth! She didnt even sit straight for me to measure it well..but I guess it is ok. I have this t-shirt, wich I have note the measurement with a black pen, so after 4 weeks, I will do it again to see if there is any progress.

So this is my regime, so any other suggestions, advices are always welcome!

By the way, I would like to have kids hairstyles, so I can try them, so if u have any link... Very Happy
_________________
never tell God how big ur problem is, but tell the problem how big ur God is!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Empire



Joined: 03 May 2010
Posts: 222


PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lizzie's hair looks amazing. Looks like your regimen is working quite well.
_________________
Currently: NL
Goal - 08/10 : SL

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Empire



Joined: 03 May 2010
Posts: 222


PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lizzie's hair looks amazing. Looks like your regimen is working quite well.
_________________
Currently: NL
Goal - 08/10 : SL

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
briddie



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Empire wrote:
Lizzie's hair looks amazing. Looks like your regimen is working quite well.

Thank you so much, I am doing my best, but I am very pleased with what I see, never thought her hair will ever be like this! The castor oil is also doing its job very well, cos I am seeing improvements. Very Happy
_________________
never tell God how big ur problem is, but tell the problem how big ur God is!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnmarshel



Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 4


PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: My daughter's hair care & progress (with pictures) Reply with quote
briddie wrote:
Well, I have just started my daughters hair care with a new regime wich I want to try if it will make her hair more softer, pliable, meanageble, shining, stronger and grow longer ofcourse.

My daughter is now 4 1/2 y. By the way we r 100% black (ghanaian) and I am not living in a english speaking country so try to ignore my writing mistakes Very Happy.
Lizzy was born totally bald, while other black kids in the room had lots of curls etc, nd since i am crazy about kids hair, back then I felt so disappointed.
But when she turn 1 started with her hair, braiding etc.etc. then when time went on I braided her hair with attachment. That made her hair grow bit by bit, it really loved her hair (her hair is 4b).

Now at the age of 4 1/2 I have decided to let her hair rest more longer than I normally do (esp. now that summer is coming soon, in summer ur hair grow faster then in winter). I will do this till october this year then she will go back to the attachments (winter time) but till then...

It was just last sunday that I took her braids off. I will tell what my regime is later but first will post pictures of her hair (no face) as baby and till now. I dont have much pictures without her face so have to adjust some pictures.

Comments and ideas and ur own kids stories r ALWAYS welcome!!!


Your daughter is so younger you use a baby shampoo available in market,and do oiling in her hair,after oiling you wash her hair then no problem and in regular you give fruits and vegetable,it' s good for health and for hair also ,at this age growing power is so more i think you use it's helpful for your sweet daughter
_________________
r4 revolution
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
briddie



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you John for your advice. She indeed eats a lots of fruit and vegetables, also she drinks a lot of water and take kids vitamine daily. So ones again..thank you.. Very Happy
_________________
never tell God how big ur problem is, but tell the problem how big ur God is!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Teneyia



Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 359

Location: Denver,CO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your daughters hair looks great good job taking care of it. Now all you have to do is teach her how to take care of it when she's older. me and my sister had really pretty thick hair as kids but when we got older in our teens we started perming dying weaving and stuff and our hair started to get thin and break and it hasnt been the same since
_________________
USMC Wife and mother of 4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
briddie



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Teneyia wrote:
Your daughters hair looks great good job taking care of it. Now all you have to do is teach her how to take care of it when she's older. me and my sister had really pretty thick hair as kids but when we got older in our teens we started perming dying weaving and stuff and our hair started to get thin and break and it hasnt been the same since

Thank you so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. My ultimate goal is indeed to help lizzy accept her cotton candy hair just the way it is, also when she is grown up to keep it natural and embrace it with love.
I love ur hair in the avi though...i can imagine how thick and long ur hair was when ur were young...ones a again thanks!
_________________
never tell God how big ur problem is, but tell the problem how big ur God is!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
malika26



Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 1216

Location: FLINT,MI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ BRIDDIE YES HER HAIR IS SUPER LONG AND U DID SOME CUTE STYLES..CAN WAIT UNTIL MY HAIR CATCHES UP WITH HERS..LOL..@ TENEYIA MY HAIR USE TO BE LONG TO I GOT TIRED OF PRESSIN IT SO I GOT A PERM AND THEN IT WAS ALL BAD.
_________________
Malika Baker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum







Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group