Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
DRUMROLL PLEASE...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angeeE5

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: DRUMROLL PLEASE... Reply with quote
I am proud to announce that the winner of the TRANSITION challenge [by default] is none other than ARROWWALKER Very Happy!

CONGRATULATIONS, ARROW. You know what to do. Respond to this post with a 100-200 word summary of your transition period. Pictures are encouraged by not mandatory.

Welcome to the Wonderful world of being a NATURAL woman. As promised I will be your personal hair guru for ONE month [May 26, 2009 - Jun 26, 2009].

Let's Get It!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
THANK YOU Angee! I am not going to lie it was tough! Especially when my hair became rebellious. I wanted to give up and run to a relaxer but then I thought you know, I may never have help like this again. Thanks to Angee who is my Hair Guru. I would have gone running to a relaxer any other time. There comes a time though, when you have to take the bull by the horns. One month ago was my time. I was fed up of dealing with issues from relaxing that dried and fried my hair. After the last damage I did which was from Bra length to one inch in one day I was done! I had never been so depressed and heartbroken.

After much searching on the internet I found Hairfinity, then I found this site. I truly believe I was blessed that day. Here I am today natural without a relaxer but learning new ways of being natural and above all, handling my own hair issues with the help of my Guru!

I really wished others had join but perhaps next time it comes up you will. I am still learning about my hair and what it needs so the struggle continues on how to read it much better. The difference is now I have a Hair Guru helping me, where before I would have given up.

Thank you Angee for convincing me to try it and by sticking by my side through it. I know I wouldn't have tried this without you. You have given me the confidence to begin a new journey. Ha ho, Thank you!

arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: 30 Days Natural Reply with quote
30 Days Natural

Well, the first week was easy until, just like I thought, my hair began it's rebellion. Oh I could wash and style but slowly those roots became spongy. What I mean by that is that I could blow my hair dry with fantastic curls. Then one hour later they were flat and the roots began to wave.

Second week, my hair cannot keep any kind of loose-hair style. It's a little more fattened and spongy. So now here comes the pony tail.

Third week. I style my hair just to put on the pony tail and keep walking.

Last week, I am out of my mind trying to look normal. My hair won't cooperate. Pony tail everyday now.

On Saturday of my last month I noticed that the back of my neck the hair is smooth. I mean so smooth that when I blow that part it is like the shiniest, healthiest part in my whole head. I have never had these results even with a relaxer. However, I noticed that I have thick waves at the roots and it is still spongy . The rest of the length is still relaxed-looking

angeeE5

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Arrow,

Crying or Very sad Thank you for sharing your story. It is truly inspiring for all to know of your TRANSITION. It is also truly inspiring to me to know that I have helped one person gain confidence in their hair.

As a natural, I continue to struggle with hair woes. Eventually, I hope that my hair gets to a place where it is free of breakage, slow growth, and the latter. It is best to have healthy hair, and what better way to achieve this than being a natural? Any individual who specializes in natural hair will tell you that the your hair is healthiest when it is in its natural state. Let me just clarify the difference between having a natural and wearing a natural. Oh, yes, there is a clear difference.

First, wearing a natural consists of afros and other hairstyles that exhibit the natural curl pattern of your hair. As for having a natural head of hair, well, you have to not have any of the following in your hair: relaxers, chemical dyes, permanent waves (perms), and texturizers. If your hair is thermally treatment, then your hair is curled with a curling iron, crimped with a crimping iron, or straightened with a ceramic flat iron. Thermally treated the hair can be safe, if not used in excess.

In summary, I would like to clear up a few things about the contest. Some may be under the misconception that the contest has ceased. The contest has ended for Arrow because she succeeded in going without a relaxer for an entire month. However, those of you who are still considering making the TRANSITION, the contest can begin for you.

THE CONTEST IS NOT CLOSED if you are in TRANSITION. There is another challenge for my naturals as well. See my topic under the Natural-Styling category.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I totally recommend that everyone join this challange. You will find out so much about your hair and better yet how to begin to handle it.

Angee I am on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Relaxers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: