Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Protein treatment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
forevasweetnj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Protein treatment Reply with quote
hi i just recently bought Ion recontructive protein treatment and moisturizing treatment....Is this a good protein treatment?...Also im confused on something...should i use the protein treatment then the moisturizing treatment every week when i wash my hair?...or should i use the moisturizing treatment one week then the protein the next week? Please put me out of my misery once again plz and thankyou.....oh also is it good to use and electrical pressing comb? and is it good to use a pressin comb then a flat iron?
Amfreyu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
When you first start, you can do them both in the same day. Afterwards, you should alternate weeks for treatments. I bought the Ion products as well and they're really good. As for using an electric pressing comb, it should be fine because you're not putting the comb directly into or onto heat (like a stove). I wouldn't use the comb and the flat iron together...too much heat on your hair.
hericane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Amfreyu is exactly right! Nurse your hair back to health by doing a protein treatment with heat for 15-20 minutes, rinse, add moisturizing treatment for additional 15-20 minutes with heat, then rinse and style. DO this for 6-8 weeks for severely damaged hair, and then alternate one each week with heat for 15-20 minutes. Very Happy
forevasweetnj

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you very much for your help...but i have one more question. You said if your hair is severly damage do the protein and moisturizing treatment together for 6 to 8 weeks. But what if my hair is not severly damaged but not as healthy as it should be? How long should i do the protein and moisturizing treatment before i alternate?
hericane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
forevasweetnj wrote:
thank you very much for your help...but i have one more question. You said if your hair is severly damage do the protein and moisturizing treatment together for 6 to 8 weeks. But what if my hair is not severly damaged but not as healthy as it should be? How long should i do the protein and moisturizing treatment before i alternate?

Shoot for a 4 week routine to give your hair a strong foundation for growth! Very Happy
jancy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The second variable that will affect how long hair can be is hair breakage. As we mentioned earlier, even if hair is growing at a healthy pace and is breaking, might think hair is not growing. Hair will break if not treated properly. Should treat hair like fine fibers. Have tips in other documents on proper hair care. This is especially important for kinky African hair, which tends to be both dry and fragile. The number one complaint we get from African American is they cannot grow hair. In reality, the real difficulty for most is keeping the hair they have grown. Their hair is breaking. perms, coloring, excessive styling with heat and other things can weaken otherwise healthy hair.
---------------------
Jancy

Guaranteed ROI
socialiteprincess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have something that will knock all of that time out plus the fact that i've done it before now! use the protein treatment by Aphogee (**MAKE SURE** you BUY THE BALANCING CONDITIONER also!!!!!) but anyways...you use this ONCE every 6 weeks to restore the hair breakage and keep it from shedding for 6 weeks! i used it for the first time this past monday and i have to honestly say this stuff is AMAZiNNNNNGG! lol Very Happy

if you need to know how to use it look up Ateya by { Ateyaaa } on YouTube because she's taught me all i know about hair right now...she's simply amazing at hair && make-up! Very Happy
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: