Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
blow drying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forevasweetnj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: blow drying Reply with quote
Question Hairfinity doesnt talk about blow drying. Should i blow dry or not? If so wut is the proper way....with a comb that is attaches to the blow dryer, the air nozzle, or with a round brush? i know we are suppose to spray the heat protection spray on each section b 4 blow drying, but do i spray it again when i flat iron?...im confused ...someone please put me out of my misery...i dont want to lose a lot of hair. thats what im trying not to do. So is it best to do it or not?
**Diamond*Diva**

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should air dry whenever possible. I use Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong after I wash my hair, which protects against heat damage, and roll my hair up to air dry over night. Before I straighten my hair I use ORS (Organic Root Stimulator) Olive Oil Sheen Spray. It's really moisturizing and contains no alcohol. As far as applying a heat protectant before blow drying and also before straightening, I guess it couldn't hurt. Especially with the olive oil spray. Moreover when I used to blow dry my hair, I just used the wide-toothed comb attachment. Hope I've put you out of your misery! Very Happy
hericane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD is exactly right! Air-drying is BEST. But you could try blow drying infrequently on low heat or cool
forevasweetnj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the info...i did try air drying but when i began to press it it was so much harder and i felt like i was losing as much hair when i blow dried. Im very sensitive and always concerned about my hair, maybe 2 concerned. Im probably overreacting. I never use a hot comb, just a flat iron. Thats probably the reason why it is more difficult to press my hair because the hair just sticks together and when i comb it it gets tangled, like im tearing the ends of my hair.
hericane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you are going to press or flat iron your hair, airdrying my not be beneficial for you as it tends to allow the hair roots to "draw up". Maybe try blow drying on low heat or apply wrap/setting foam throughout hair and roots, comb hair straight down all around, and sit under dome dryer till dry, then flat iron.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote
I know I should not blow my hair but on special occasions you know I do. I cannot style my hair at all so I just go to the salon and wash and blow it out. I do condition afterward though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: