Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
So very Sad!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: So very Sad! Reply with quote
My daughter spent all of two weeks with my mom and now she has a perm! It is awful! My daughters hair was growing beautifully beyond shoulder length. She was so excited, as she was with this perm, she could really see the length. However, now her hair is extremely thin and I am afraid of what is going to happen if I do not continue in this process of perming. Her natural hair was wavy considered "good hair", my mom wanted the curl out, she wanted the straight look. She didn't even ask. SO heat and a perm done by the dominicans none the less! Any way to strip a perm? what do I do now? I do not have a perm or use heat on my hair either.
**Diamond*Diva**

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Avoid using heat like the plague!! It's going to take time and tender-loving-care to get your daughter's hair back to a healthy state. Follow the hair care advice on this website, grow her hair out and just cut off the relaxed portion when her natural hair reaches a nice length. Your daughter sounds like she has my hair type. I've never used a relaxer, but I've just discovered a gradual relaxer called Curlaway. It doesn't have any harsh chemicals and is a nice alternative to relaxing. I mainly use it when my edges get frizzy. It works, but it takes a while. You might want to hold off on trying this product until your daughters hair is healthy again. Hope this advice helps! Smile
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. My daughter likes braids and wants me to braid her hair, I have been told braids would be the worst thing to do. Oh well here's to the start of a long journey. Thanks for your support.
hericane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
mariofmagdal wrote:
Thanks. My daughter likes braids and wants me to braid her hair, I have been told braids would be the worst thing to do. Oh well here's to the start of a long journey. Thanks for your support.

Braids are a GREAT option for her. Check out this site, its chocked full of what to do to grow hair with braids: www.groafrohairlong.com
Computer*Love

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
mariofmagdal wrote:

Hi mariomagdal

For the mean time how about things like flat twist and shirley temple curls. I know if somebody did that me I would be very upset. Because I am not natural but my daughter is. We will always want the best for our kids no matter what. Crying or Very sad
Beauty is only skin deep. Positive Thinking Gives Positive Results. Tell your hair what you want it to be and, it will show you what it already heard. Keep smiling ya'll we all Look better when we do.
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add our growth journey. Here we have begun the process of growing out the perm. Will update regularly. Started 09/13/08.
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just had to let you know that I had to re-braid my daughters hair from starting with sulu max gro on Sat by Wed her cornrows had lifted significantly, they were really loose and had to be re-braided! I can't wait to post update pics on 10/13/08.
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: 30 day update! Reply with quote
mariofmagdal wrote:

Just wanted to add our growth journey. Here we have begun the process of growing out the perm. Will update regularly. Started 09/13/08.

UPDATED 10/14/08

This is our 30 day update, it speaks for itself. I am very pleased with the progress.

Last edited by mariofmagdal on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
forever1994

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow, what a mum! I would suggest taking advantage of her hair'scurrent texture and give your daughter cute hairstyles like: spiral curls, a wavy look, long french braids, e.t.c.

And her hair will grow. Gradually cut it off to grow out the relaxer, but make sure you dont leave her with short hair! Its hard enough for our children to cope with having different hair, as long as it is long she should love it. Children often tease and might call her a boy, makingher feel like her hair is'nt beautiful! So be careful, remember to keep her feeling proud.

Natural
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions. My daughter is very happy with her new growth and I have been very diligent with the extra care of her hair. You ladies have been very encouraging.
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Our 60 Day Update! Reply with quote

Oct. 14, 2008

As you can see, it's still growing! I continue to be pleased with the results!
Sugababy13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi mariofmagdal congratulations on your daughters hair growth! Wow it has grown a lot and u can see the results. You are trully inspirational for me and my daughter as the same sort of situation happened to my daughters hair only it was her aunt. If you could please tell me your regiem for her I would truly apprecite
!!? Thanks soo much and HHG!!!
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sugababy13 wrote:
Hi mariofmagdal congratulations on your daughters hair growth! Wow it has grown a lot and u can see the results. You are trully inspirational for me and my daughter as the same sort of situation happened to my daughters hair only it was her aunt. If you could please tell me your regiem for her I would truly apprecite
!!? Thanks soo much and HHG!!!

No problem. I wash her hair weekly with the groganics shampoo and conditioner shown in the photo. I also deep condition with ORS Mayonaise protein conditioner. I leave that on for at least an hour under a plastic cap. I rinse with cool water. I then comb through with wide tooth comb. I use a really absorbant towel to towel dry. I oil her scalp with the Sulu Max Gro, and massage that in with my fingertips directly on the scalp, I read somewhere that rubbing the hair together is not good, so I manipulate her hair as little as possible. I massage for at least 5 min. The Sulu Max Gro needs to be activated as does any growth aide. I seal her hair while braiding with the groganics hair grease, not on the scalp but the hair, my idea is it helps the wet hair hold better, her hair is really soft. I use non-damaging rubberbands on the ends of hair to keep braids together. Her hair is always air dried. I keep her hair in braids during the week, and pony tails on weekend for church. Usually the hair washing is Sunday evening as we prepare for the new school week. I never use any heat on her hair. For pony tail holders, I search high and low for the ones without the metal in the middle. If I have to use one with metal in the middle, then I secure the hair with non-damaging rubberband first, then use the pony holder very loosely on top of that.

I oil her scalp nightly with the Sulu Max Gro. I massage the parted sections, she loves this and usually falls asleep before I am done. I place a plastic cap on her hair and secure it with a band because her head is so small, then I put a silk cap on top of that. This mimmicks the bagging method and really keeps her hair moist. In the morning it is beautiful! (the plastic cap protects my sheets, but sometimes her hair is so moist it feels damp)

I hope I have been helpful. Any questions ask anytime. I do not mind. I wish you much happy hair growing!
Sugababy13

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awww thanks soooooo much! I'm going to try and locate the groganics products and order the sulu max on line I guess. Where were u able to pruchase the groganics on line or like a beauty supply store? Also is it a detangler? If not what do you do for the tangles? Well I'm so anxious to get started and to get my babygirl feelings bck up. Once again Thanks for your help!
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can get groganics @ www.groganics.com, and sulu max @ www.suluhair.com

The groganics products are really good. I have never had to use a detangler. If I had to use one, I guess I would use Cowboy Magic detangler. This one you will have to search online for, perhaps if you google it. It is pricey, but really awesome! I have used it on my own hair. Especially the last time I was sick and really did nothing to my hair, it was a real mess, but Cowboy Magic really did the job. I did not loose one single hair! It works on both dry and wet hair.

Otherwise, I suggest using a really big wide tooth comb and try combing through with the conditioner on, that may minimize the tangles. I usually do that with mine and my daughters hair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: