Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
No Money for hairdresser what do I do!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drea24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: No Money for hairdresser what do I do!!!! Reply with quote
I used to go to my hairdresser every two weeks like clockwork. No that the economy is in resession and I am broke I can't go as often as before. i have no idea how to take care of my own hair because I have always worn a weave and without my hairdresser I am afraid that all my hair is going to fall out because my hair is my stress spo. HELP

Drea
lovely0706

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Without the extensions how long and thick is your real hair?
Drea24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My hair is about shoulder length but it is very thin. You can see right through it. It used to be a lot thicker but I began stressing and it became thin. That's why I decided to find something that would help me grow my hair as well as make it thicker.
hericane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Drea24 wrote:
My hair is about shoulder length but it is very thin. You can see right through it. It used to be a lot thicker but I began stressing and it became thin. That's why I decided to find something that would help me grow my hair as well as make it thicker.

Why not try a quick weave until you can get back to your stylist? They r super easy to use and only cost $20 here.
takara

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote
hey i understand you. I use to go every week then i move out and now its like once every three months. I went to this one guy and he burn out my middle hair. so i started to go natural at that. my hair would not grow. so i went online and look up so natural things i can put in my hair. So not i do a hot oil treatment every week. The oil i use is olive oil. I go to sam's and buy it in bulk. its cheap and easy. I also do a deep cond every two weeks. Thats just me puting an egg in my cond and letting it sit for 30 mins while i watch my tv show.
KINGTEHA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is a quick weave?

hericane wrote:
Drea24 wrote:

Why not try a quick weave until you can get back to your stylist? They r super easy to use and only cost $20 here.
*BlackButterfly*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: shippers to find sizes Reply with quote
i've been reading your comments or whatever you want to call them and its starting to iritate me that not one of them has anything to do with hair, if you're just here to promote something why don't you just private message people instead of leaving useless comments, which by the way we over look. not trying to sound mean, just letting you know thats its irritating Mad

Loruoo71 wrote:
Being overweight no longer excludes you from wearing sexy lingerie and thanks to the internet shopping for plus size erotic lingerie has never been easier.

Often it is difficult to find larger sizes in brick and mortar stores and when you do it is a petite woman with a "perfect" figure is staffing the lingerie boutique - something that can make a Rubenesque woman feel self-conscious shopping for plus size sexy lingerie. There is no lack of exotic sexy plus size lingerie on the Internet. You can find a plus size teddy or garter set or a sexy plus size costume with just a few clicks of your mouse.
wow gold
Wearing sexy lingerie can be a boost to your self-confidence and put a spark in your relationship. Knowing that you are wearing such sexy clothing under your regular clothes puts you in control of your body and your Sexuality and if you drop hints to your mate in the morning about what you are wearing he will be eager to see you in (or out of) full regalia by evening.
wow gold
When you shop online, you will easily find erotic sexy plus size lingerie to fit every size. Most regular stores do not have the space to carry a very wide selection of plus size clothing, but online retailers are better able to satisfy the needs of everyone because they can work with different manufacturers and drop shippers to find sizes and styles for every body type. maple story powerleveling

The lingerie size charts on most sites make it easy to understand the size you need. For example, when you want to order a plus size bra, the sites will often give detailed instructions on how to take your measurements to ensure you get the perfect fit.

The best thing about shopping for your plus size erotic lingerie online is that many times you will not have to pay extra for the larger size like you do in retail brick and mortar stores.
maple story powerleveling

There has been tremendous growth in recent years in the plus size lingerie industry in both quantity and quality. Not too long ago there were very few choices for big beautiful women for looking sexy and now there are whole stores dedicated to large size sexy costumes and garters and more. Plus size women can now enjoy feeling feminine and pretty underneath their everday clothing too.

Copyright 2005 Katie Rose Intimates Sexy Costumes and Lingerie
maple story powerleveling
Katie Rose is the owner of Katie Rose Intimates - a fine lingerie shop featuring fantasy clothing, leather and lace and intimate apparel in sexy, erotic, romantic and unique styles - with special attention for the plus size woman

ATTENTION WEBMASTERS and EZINE PUBLISHERS - Permission is granted to publish this article on your site or in your Ezine but ONLY if my bio paragraph is included and all links are hyperlinked. I would also appreciate a note letting me know that you are using it, although it is not mandatory, I just like to see where my work is being used.

*2yr goal BCL/MBL
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: FYI Reply with quote
Hello Drea24
I just wanted to add that I usually go to a hairdresser on special occasions. The rest of the time I just try to fix my hair by myself. This way I can save money. I hope this helps.

arrowwalker

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Drea24
As long as you have good products to use at home that's half the battle there. Now if you use rollers to set your hair and dry it then you should have a good outcome. If you air dry then slick it back and tie a satin scarf, Hot tools like blower or flatiron will give you good results too. Either one of these methods should help, just take your time and love every minute. Good luck and please keep me posted?

ACE

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i cant believe how janky some stylists can be.i just read the comment where a stylist burnt off someone's hair and i am assuming that thats not something that the stylist let the client know about.That mess actually happened to me too.I used to go to this really popular salon here in southfield,MI and the gentleman didnt explain to me that he had just literally burnt off a section of my hair....the hair that was left was maybe an inch and a half if that.At the time my hair length all over was at the shoulders i would say.I had found out my hair damage when i was at home days later about to fix my hair up for a photo shoot i believe,and i could feel the complete shortness Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes i NEVER went back to that IDIOT!That whole salon was full of idiots lol...i can laugh now because i learned my lesson and still trying to move on but i think its sooooo dang on janky not to reveal that you just messed up someones hair.The repair has taken at least a good 4 years to recover. Rolling Eyes.Arrow Im gonna see if by me having basically natural hair if i can rollerset my hair even though the roots will be pouffy.Whats your preferred method of styling?
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gosh I am so sorry that that happened to you. Maybe you should have sue them, this way they won't try that again. You can roller set and it will get puffy so did mines. I now use the blower and calm it down.

ACE

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
have u tried the Saran wrap idea after the rollerset?alot of people on youtube is doing that and it looks so smooth and straight.The roots are super straight.I wanna try that method maybe even tomorrow when i wash my hair,just gotta grab some Saran Wrap.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How do you do it after a rollerset?

ACE

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you want to take the rollersout then put a little bit of oil...even an oil based moisturizer on the hair because of course water based would revert the hair.gently comb the hair and begin to wrap it.once wrapped u will want to hold the end of the wrap with your hand the tug out the saran wrap and u want to wrap it tauntly around the wrap keeping everything smooth.you would want to wrap the saran wrap a few times around the head then sit under a dryer for 3 to 20 min.some people say 3 min keeps the curls at the ends but 20min makes the curls more straight.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow this is new to me thank you I will try it just like you say

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: