Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Stretching Relaxers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesleyanne2007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Stretching Relaxers Reply with quote
For you relaxed ladies... what is the longest time you have stretched between relaxers??? Before taking hairfinity, I was one of the girls who faithfully touched up roots every 8 weeks. No more! I believe you see more of your hard growing work when you stretch your relaxers, but I just wanted to know if there was a point when it's too long? Confused
My last relaxer was in November and I would like to do braidouts using the crown and glory method until summer time before I get a relaxer so I can really see my growth. I just wanna make sure that I'm not holding out too too long... Rolling Eyes

Help?! Question Exclamation
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Stretching Relaxers Reply with quote
wesleyanne2007 wrote:
For you relaxed ladies... what is the longest time you have stretched between relaxers??? Before taking hairfinity, I was one of the girls who faithfully touched up roots every 8 weeks. No more! I believe you see more of your hard growing work when you stretch your relaxers, but I just wanted to know if there was a point when it's too long? Confused
My last relaxer was in November and I would like to do braidouts using the crown and glory method until summer time before I get a relaxer so I can really see my growth. I just wanna make sure that I'm not holding out too too long... Rolling Eyes

Help?! Question Exclamation

There is no such thing as stretching too long. As a matter of fact, the longer the better for your tresses. So far this is my longest stretch, 12 weeks, but I have gone this long, There is really no point for me to turn back to those chemicals any more. I read a blog of a lady who stretches her relaxer for 6 months or more. Her hair is relaxed and it's Hip length. Really nice. It is sufficient to relax every 3 months. So instead of 6-8 weeks, 8-12 weeks.

Transitioning!!!!!
wesleyanne2007

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Yay for stretching! Reply with quote
Okay! That helps a lot. I actually would like to stretch it about six months so my hair can grown healthy!!! I think I might start only relaxing twice a year because that will be healthier in the long run! Very Happy A lot of women ask me why I bother to relax at all, but it's because I know I'm not ready to take care of natural hair the way it should be. And I use a store bought Soft and Beautiful relaxer that works great on my hair. Wink I have thought more than once about going natural... maybe when I'm at a better point in my life I will. I LOVE natural hair, but I know that I'll need to take some extra steps to take care of it! Until then,

Thanks and Happy Hair Growing! Cool
ACE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You know what else...you can honestly still acheive a wonderful look with your hair flat ironed straight or pressed straight just at the roots.I remember when I felt like I couldnt dare stand to not have my hair super straight from a relaxer and then I just started pressing it myself.From there on my hair has been at its healthiest,and hair dressers who have been experienced for years can tell when the hair is natural and healthy.It flows differently and looks different altogether.I also got sick of the chemical burns...ouch!!!!! Crying or Very sad During the summer is when I felt I needed to go to a relaxer until i learned a trick,well something that works best for me.When I work out,no matter how rediculous it may look,I first wrap my hair,tie the doo rag on pretty snug then put a head wrap ontop so that when I sweat my hair still stays super straight underneath as if I had my hair permed.
MissCoco210

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Yay for stretching! Reply with quote
wesleyanne2007 wrote:
Okay! That helps a lot. I actually would like to stretch it about six months so my hair can grown healthy!!! I think I might start only relaxing twice a year because that will be healthier in the long run! Very Happy A lot of women ask me why I bother to relax at all, but it's because I know I'm not ready to take care of natural hair the way it should be. And I use a store bought Soft and Beautiful relaxer that works great on my hair. Wink I have thought more than once about going natural... maybe when I'm at a better point in my life I will. I LOVE natural hair, but I know that I'll need to take some extra steps to take care of it! Until then,

Thanks and Happy Hair Growing! Cool

My natural hair is ridiculously thick and unmanable.. i get tried of trying to comb through it...that was years ago. it wasn't until Nov i started taking great care...taking hairfinity makes my new growth come in fast.., then i want to relax so bad but i am trying to stretch... i need to be strong

Sharii16

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Longest I Have Stretched My Relaxer Was 3 Months . My Stylist Said That I Should Of Continued Stretching . But I Honestly Did It For Thickness . But I Wouldn't Hold Out Too Long Because Either Way , The Relaxer Is Stressful To The Hair So You Gotta Always Be Careful ! HTH !
long term:mbl by Summer '11
last relaxer:12/15/09
next relaxer:07/01/10
MissCoco210

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is stressful. I am trying so hard to stretch 16 weeks and when I gt there i am going to try to strectch it more Embarassed

MissCoco210

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe anyone can stretch.... I am a few days shy of 15 weeks and I am loving it... with my new braids i am putting in, stretching longer is going to be a breeze.

ACE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
oooo girl that would be so awesome if you reach apl by dec this year!
MissCoco210

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
listen grl you know... i am so determine even if i have to keep braids in my hair until that time. I am not ready to relax yet but i do want to relax to see where my hair length is but i still got these braids in

ACE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
o I know!I just wish I knew about stretching years ago...it must be so wonderful to feel all of that new growth when you wash your hair?Your scalp is surely getting a nice break from chemicals.
MissCoco210

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i know... 3 days to go... i know i am going to stretch for at least 6 months in total... i feel so strong

MissCoco210

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well everyone.... I made to stretch to 16 weeks and I am trying to stretch for another 4 weeks... wish me luck

Empire

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish I knew about stretching before I did the big chop a couple years ago. MY hair was BSB and I had no idea what to do with it or how to style it. So I went back natural by cutting it all off.

Ugh had I known then what I know now I could have had such a lovely head of manageable hair.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
ACE

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well if I ever decide to relax again ill know what to do
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Relaxers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: