Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
air drying hair
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
murrayk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: air drying hair Reply with quote
Is air drying really better than other, conventional hair drying? AND is it ok to french braid hair when wet? I am trying to wear a protected style while wearing wigs.
mzkea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any technique other than applying heat is always good!! I wouldn't try braiding my hair while wet if I were you, you have to remember that your hair is at it most fragile state when it's wet, I usually wait until my hair is 60-70% dry before styling, by doing this I have pretty much no breakage at all. Very Happy HHJ!
Ms.Pretty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i part my hair into sections then braid it while its wet. it usually dries pretty quickly.
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I always airdry my hair. And I braid two braids to the scalp when it's about 40%-50% dry. And I always apply a leave in.

Transitioning!!!!!
Saleana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got curly and very thick hair, when it gets wet and air dries, talk about a puff. The braiding when half dry doesn't seem to cut down on my hair getting puffy. Any suggestions for controlling the volume of my hair when airdrying? The blow dryer cuts down on this but from reading this site, the less heat I add to my hair, the better.

www.loveandlightguidance.webs.com
angeeE5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Saleana,

This is true. The less heat sources you use on your hair, the better. However, this is also depended upon the style you choose to adorn. For instance, I always wear my natural hair straight, simply because I hate it when it is in its natural curl. I have never had a preference for the afro style. Anyhoo, I recommend that you use a blow dryer and flat iron only if you are wearing the hair straight. If you choose to add curls to your hair, try to do so naturally. This way, the curls will last much longer and you would not have to worry about adding excess heat to the hair every day.
ACE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
how often do you wash and dry the hair angee?
angeeE5 wrote:
Saleana,

This is true. The less heat sources you use on your hair, the better. However, this is also depended upon the style you choose to adorn. For instance, I always wear my natural hair straight, simply because I hate it when it is in its natural curl. I have never had a preference for the afro style. Anyhoo, I recommend that you use a blow dryer and flat iron only if you are wearing the hair straight. If you choose to add curls to your hair, try to do so naturally. This way, the curls will last much longer and you would not have to worry about adding excess heat to the hair every day.

angeeE5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I shampoo and condition my hair on a weekly basis. Sometimes, when I work extra hours, I will go a week and a half, but never longer. It seems as if I try to push this limit, my hair misbehaves (itchy scalp, smelly odor). I guess it has become accustomed to all of the high maintenance that I have given it over the past five years lol.
ACE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I cant agree with you more ANGEE.I have got to start buckling down and washing moreso once a week to ensure my hair is mbeing properly maintained.
ACE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jpmiyuka wrote:
I always airdry my hair. And I braid two braids to the scalp when it's about 40%-50% dry. And I always apply a leave in.

whats the brand of the leave in that u use?and for some reason my hair does not style right when i do choose to let it airdry with the braids idea...blowdrying with a heat protectant works best in my opinion.I mean I only use heat in my hair once a week.
MissCoco210

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Air drying is my main method. it is healthier and there are so many techniques. sometimes i let is hang and dry sometimes i style it and let it dry... i love it. helps heal the split ends

ACE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
MissCoco210 wrote:
Air drying is my main method. it is healthier and there are so many techniques. sometimes i let is hang and dry sometimes i style it and let it dry... i love it. helps heal the split ends

coco please share with me your hair style ideas when you choose to air dry to prevent the split ends please.I just started the hairfinity about a month ago and I know my hair is growing because my ends are started to look a little ruff,well not salon cut straight across.I really would be devasted if I get split ends but thats why I need as many preventative methods as possible.
MissCoco210

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
sometimes i do bantu knots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5WOttUbIQU
to have a curl
I can't have my hair straight down because of my new growth being 11 weeks post... i sometimes do my perm rod sets http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhpaEnwi1P0 i usually airdry overnight with this

When I use my wig i air dry 90% and i do 2 french braids for under my wig...

my thing now is my bantu knots after my watch

anything else but if i had no new growth then it would be rollersets which is not air drying but it is better than blow drying.... anything else i can answer??? right now i am not ready to perm

ACE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
no not right now but im gonna watch ur youtube vids about the roller setting...if i can actually find anything better than blowdrying and better than air drying that would be awesome!
MissCoco210

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
it is weird i haven't made a roller setting vid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Shampoos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: