Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
My hair is breaking bad!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MochaKiss

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
arrowwalker wrote:
Mochakiss is that you? Your hair is beautiful and long too. God bless it and you Very Happy

You mean my avatar on my blog?Ohh that's my micro braids lol. xD

- Relaxed
- Iam APL!
- Smile
Went from NL to APl in 8 months. <3
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well your hair is gorgeous! Congratulations Very Happy

MochaKiss

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Arrow since you know alot of hair can you help me?
Okay i did a "garlic treatment" but it turned out that i used "garlic seasonging" and not the real deal...so i did a protien treatment and a dc but my hair is still breaking.Im getting so frustrated i dont know what to do.. Sad

- Relaxed
- Iam APL!
- Smile
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok Mochakiss don't panic. The seasoning is good too but you have to use it with every wash. You can also use a clove in your conditoner for 20 minutes. There is no wrong way of doing it but you have to be consistent. Meaning every wash you must use the Garlic. If this is too much then consider the pills Garlique. They sell in the supermarket for about $5.00. Please keep me posted? Are you relaxing or natural? Have you dyed your hair recently? Tell me what your using as your regular shampoo and conditioner? The more info I have the better picture I can get and help out. Above all, relax and remember that we are all in it together.

jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Her hair is breaking because of the new growth. I know that because personally I've been following her Very Happy

I had the same issue. And I found out ways to keep that new growth at bay. The main thing is protein. I just gave myself a GOOD protein treatment yesterday and it helped alot. You have to apply it directly to the new growth.

Transitioning!!!!!
MochaKiss

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
arrowwalker wrote:
Ok Mochakiss don't panic. The seasoning is good too but you have to use it with every wash. You can also use a clove in your conditoner for 20 minutes. There is no wrong way of doing it but you have to be consistent. Meaning every wash you must use the Garlic. If this is too much then consider the pills Garlique. They sell in the supermarket for about $5.00. Please keep me posted? Are you relaxing or natural? Have you dyed your hair recently? Tell me what your using as your regular shampoo and conditioner? The more info I have the better picture I can get and help out. Above all, relax and remember that we are all in it together.

This seasong was like seasing to coat some garlicey tasting chicken or something..But yeah I put that with my conditioner,but i still had breakage.Also i figured out that i do in fact have a garlic clove,but my sister freaked when i told her i wanted to use it on my hair..so i guess the "garlic clove" idea is down the drain..but umm the products i have currentley is:

:Essentious Shampoo&Conditioner(Ran out) Razz
:Dark and Lovely Instant Moisture Conditioner
:Olive Oil Glossing Shampoo
:ORS Moisture Lotion

Those are the only stuff i use and have right now..,and oh yeah i use some "Jam" that comes in the jar for my hair when i do buns..it's like "gel" but more sleeker.But im going to try to buy me some "organic" hair products and stuff this week for my hair,cause my momma really doesnt care what kind of products she buys..she just buys them.No matter what they contain.....Ugh. Razz

Um,No..My hair is not dyed,and my hair is also relaxed. Smile .
Anywho,today i was looking at my new growth,and it's really pretty!It looks like if it grew more it would have curls,and it feels so soft and squiggly..plus i saw this piece of hair on my edges and it looks like a cute little curl...I think i might be a 4b or something i think.But always i think my hair is a 4c but eh i dunno. Razz Lol..One step at a time. Smile

But umm on Wednesday im going to pick up some Leave In Conditioner,Coconut Oil/Tea tree oil/Olive Oil...(one of those),Cream of Nature shampoo and Conditioner,and probally some Africa's Best Moisturizer.Is that good JP,and is there other products i should buy? =)

- Relaxed
- Iam APL!
- Smile
MochaKiss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP.

- Relaxed
- Iam APL!
- Smile
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I said it before and I will say it again Garlic ladies!

_shellee^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
MochaKiss wrote:
arrowwalker wrote:

This seasong was like seasing to coat some garlicey tasting chicken or something..But yeah I put that with my conditioner,but i still had breakage.Also i figured out that i do in fact have a garlic clove,but my sister freaked when i told her i wanted to use it on my hair..so i guess the "garlic clove" idea is down the drain..but umm the products i have currentley is:

:Essentious Shampoo&Conditioner(Ran out) Razz
:Dark and Lovely Instant Moisture Conditioner
:Olive Oil Glossing Shampoo
:ORS Moisture Lotion

Those are the only stuff i use and have right now..,and oh yeah i use some "Jam" that comes in the jar for my hair when i do buns..it's like "gel" but more sleeker.But im going to try to buy me some "organic" hair products and stuff this week for my hair,cause my momma really doesnt care what kind of products she buys..she just buys them.No matter what they contain.....Ugh. Razz

Um,No..My hair is not dyed,and my hair is also relaxed. Smile .
Anywho,today i was looking at my new growth,and it's really pretty!It looks like if it grew more it would have curls,and it feels so soft and squiggly..plus i saw this piece of hair on my edges and it looks like a cute little curl...I think i might be a 4b or something i think.But always i think my hair is a 4c but eh i dunno. Razz Lol..One step at a time. Smile

But umm on Wednesday im going to pick up some Leave In Conditioner,Coconut Oil/Tea tree oil/Olive Oil...(one of those),Cream of Nature shampoo and Conditioner,and probally some Africa's Best Moisturizer.Is that good JP,and is there other products i should buy? =)

Laughing Garlic is good but try the garlic oil it penetrates better mix it with your conditioners.. ( Be careful if you take garlic pills they can really drop your blood pressure and make you feel weird)

Dark n Lovely is not that great..

Here's some good leave-in moisturizers i recommend
-Elasta QP Mango Butter (or 100%shea butter)
-Neutrogena Triple moisture leave-in (kinda high for a small bottle but it works)
-Silk Elements silken child
-or glycerin/ water

Very Happy And always seal your hair with your favorite oil after moisturizing..
Hope this helps
clave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
:(Hi, even i am facing the same problem, i have tried many products.
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did something yesterday and it stopped my breakage on a DIME! Takw a gander at this long, but worth it regimen:

*I jumped in the shower and rinsed my hair for about 10 minutes on warm water (my hair responds well to that)

*I applied my Ayurveda treatment:
- mixed two powders, Shikakai and Brahmi, in a cup. Kettle boiled water in the cup, about half way. I also added Some Henna I bought from Sally's. Not alot. Just enough to fill the top. It made the concoction a little less hard, but still liquid. And some lemon juice and distilled water. Same thing, not alot. And mixed it!
- Let it sit for about 10-15 miuntes before I apply it my hair (I was in the shower during this time, rinsing)
- I applied to my hair and scalp, making sure my hair was flowing in its natural direction. And let it sit for about 10-15 minutes under a plastic cap.

* Rinse

* Applied Protein treatment (I was overdue so I decided just to throw it in)
-I switched it up this time, i usually do plain conditioner and a egg, but this time I did this:
+ 2 eggs
+ Honey
+ Avacado Oil
+ Coconut Oil
+ V05 Moisture Milk Conditioner
- Applied that and let it sit for 30 minutes.

* Rinse

* Followed up with DC (Deep Conditioner), which was GVP Moisturizing Conditioner: Compare to Nexxus Humectress. With a heated cap, I DC'd for 30 minutes.

* Yet again, Rinse but this time cool water to seal cuticle.

Yep that's what I did. It's alot but my hair is worth it. It really stopped my breakage and shedding. Very Happy

Transitioning!!!!!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just use Garlic and it works like a charm but you have to keep it up.

MochaKiss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow JP that's alot,i dont have products like that though.. Razz

And um,last week I chopped soe garlic cloves into my conditioner and it didnt help...plus the garlic cloves kept falling off. Argh. Razz

- Relaxed
- Iam APL!
- Smile
jazzyjay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sad hey guys here the scoop i had perm my hair and the perm did not come out the way i wanted it to so the next day i hot comb my hair a week later my hair started falling out and it keep on falling out i tried the hot oil treatment and the cholesterol treatment and still falling out hust to tell you this i had braids in my hair for five months before all this and i took the braids out i ask a friend can i perm my hair after i take the braids and she said yes and the next thing next. now what to do? Embarassed
DIVA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jazzyjay wrote:
Sad hey guys here the scoop i had perm my hair and the perm did not come out the way i wanted it to so the next day i hot comb my hair a week later my hair started falling out and it keep on falling out i tried the hot oil treatment and the cholesterol treatment and still falling out hust to tell you this i had braids in my hair for five months before all this and i took the braids out i ask a friend can i perm my hair after i take the braids and she said yes and the next thing next. now what to do? Embarassed

What is your hair regimen?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: