Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Breakage, Split Ends, and Tangling
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brastrap_hereicome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Breakage, Split Ends, and Tangling Reply with quote
First of all, I want to say HEY LADIES! I'm new to the board and the entire healthy hair growth community. I decided to join because I got tired of wearing sew-ins and dreaming of long, beautiful healthy hair! So, here I am.

I'm currently in the process of stretching my relaxer (for the first time! Ya'll pray for me because I'm a month in and my roots are a little rough LOL!) I've THROWN OUT my blow dryer and I've incorporated airdrying and roller sets into my hair regimine. Even though I'm taking more steps to protect my hair, I'm STILL having trouble with breakage and split ends.

I DONT: comb or brush my hair excessively, use direct heat, color or dye my hair, use products with mineral oils or grease

I DO: wash my hair twice a week, deep condition under a hooded dryer, moisturize and seal with oil twice a day, moisturize and seal my ends before bed, sleep with a satin scarf.

Because I wear my hair in protective styles, my hair tangles. I'm afraid to detangle my hair when it isn't wet because I don't want to put stress on it. Does anyone have suggestions for my tangle issue?

For breakage, I've tried Organics Leave-In Hair Mayonnaise (which is nice for making my hair soft) and Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment. Ladies, please help your girl out! My Hairfinity vitamins are coming in the mail and I want to nip my breakage problems before my hair starts growing. My hair grew longer the last time I used Hairfinity, but I did not deal with my breakage so the new growth was a waste. Crying or Very sad
Sorry this was so long, divas!
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello! Welcome to the Forum! I'm Brittany or you can call me JP!

Anyway, I know the females here will be happy to help you with the issues your facing, including me!

Now...your breakage. A protein treatment can fix that immediately. May I recommend the Egg in the conditioner treatment? It's a bit strong but will stop that breakage on point as long as you follow up with a moisturizing treatment. You can treat your ends by applying oil and moisturizer at night everyday or other day. This will help you alot.

But overall, your regimen is very good. I wouldn't change it. It seems like you already know how to care for your hair. All you need is some patience and you are on your way to long luscious hair!

Transitioning!!!!!
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh I also forgot, you can use your fingers to detangle while wet or use the C&G technique.

Transitioning!!!!!
Jolie7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sounds good girl, don't change anything, lol your good on the first month try stretching your relaxer 6-7 months, thats what i do, but that two step should help with your breakage, make sure you use the balancer with that!!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
brastrap_hereicome Welcome it's good to have you here. It seems that all that you are doing is going good so keep up the good work. You might want to look into taking Garlic pills or shampoo with it. This will help with shedding/breakage etc. However, Jp's advice will work too so at least you have choices sister. Keep us all posted and don't be afraid to ask all the questions you want. Happy Growing!

kaaaron

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
also to detangle your hair, wait till its about 70% dry to avoid putting stress on it. it will be easy to comb through but still be good for your hair
ACE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brittany I have got to start applying more oil daily especially to my ends which is a huge concern of mine so that my ends wont split.

jpmiyuka wrote:

Anyway, I know the females here will be happy to help you with the issues your facing, including me!

Now...your breakage. A protein treatment can fix that immediately. May I recommend the Egg in the conditioner treatment? It's a bit strong but will stop that breakage on point as long as you follow up with a moisturizing treatment. You can treat your ends by applying oil and moisturizer at night everyday or other day. This will help you alot.

But overall, your regimen is very good. I wouldn't change it. It seems like you already know how to care for your hair. All you need is some patience and you are on your way to long luscious hair!

MissCoco210

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
you wanna detangle wait until your hair is 70% dry and get a soft boar brush to it first then slowly detangle with a wide wide tooth come

ACE

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i find it tremendously easy to detangle my hair while im in the shower with the hair directly in the water with a big toothed comb
MissCoco210

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
With wet hair out of water is when you don't want to comb your hair because you are putting stress on it but with the most slick like with a detangler, conditioner or constant running water is when you want to detangle

ACE

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks girl,i had to learn that from my manager which is a man....with a afro lol!!!!it only makes sense.
ACE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
whats a good amount of time to leave the egg in the hair?
jpmiyuka wrote:

angeeE5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum, BSHIC Very Happy. Look forward to talking with you!
ACE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
girl, there is only one post from 09 from that member....i think she got ghost on us fo real lol.Its 2011....I think that turkey is done. Laughing
angeeE5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh yeah. I did not even pay attention to the date Laughing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: