Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
are kidde relaxers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovely0706

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: are kidde relaxers Reply with quote
Are kidde relaxers really the best for your hair?
Computer*Love

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: are kidde relaxers Reply with quote
lovely0706 wrote:
Are kidde relaxers really the best for your hair?

I have never tried one. I only use the one for adults.
Beauty is only skin deep. Positive Thinking Gives Positive Results. Tell your hair what you want it to be and, it will show you what it already heard. Keep smiling ya'll we all Look better when we do.
lanaboo08

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kidde ones are great for my hair because its thin and the relaxer is mild so its a lot more gentle than other relaxers...
hericane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kiddie relaxers can be quite effective on some types of hair. Though they all contain the same main ingredient as regular adult relaxers; they are often geared to be more scalp friendly ( as are many regular relaxers). I think its just a matter of preference. The relaxer processing time is what REALLY makes the difference.
LadyDef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Kiddie Relaxers Reply with quote
It is NOT true that kiddie relaxers are milder, thinner, and gentler than adult relaxers. The only difference as another poster said is the processing time is a slower.

This is a very common misconception among people. You should treat these relaxers just as you would any other: as a chemical!

They can cause breakage just like adult relaxers. People seem to feel more comfortable because the relaxer makes is seem "especially" for kids, so therefore it must be milder. WRONG!

I've used relaxers, texturizers, kiddie relaxers, Vigorol, perms (gerri curl, Wave Nouveau body wave) and the bottom line is this: IF you don't treat it as a chemical and fail to take care of the hair (proper maintenance) it will BREAK!

They all contain chemicals!
lanaboo08

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Kiddie Relaxers Reply with quote
LadyDef wrote:
It is NOT true that kiddie relaxers are milder, thinner, and gentler than adult relaxers. The only difference as another poster said is the processing time is a slower.

This is a very common misconception among people. You should treat these relaxers just as you would any other: as a chemical!

They can cause breakage just like adult relaxers. People seem to feel more comfortable because the relaxer makes is seem "especially" for kids, so therefore it must be milder. WRONG!

I've used relaxers, texturizers, kiddie relaxers, Vigorol, perms (gerri curl, Wave Nouveau body wave) and the bottom line is this: IF you don't treat it as a chemical and fail to take care of the hair (proper maintenance) it will BREAK!

alright then.
thanks.
kerryann

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Kiddie Relaxers Reply with quote
LadyDef wrote:

Ditto. everyone think there is a difference but heck no its the same harsh crap but with a kids face on the box

arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I never thought of that. What a concept! Thanks!

japrincess0606

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I use "just for me" Kiddie relaxer because I believe it is less harsh on my hair I could be wrong...
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
japrincess0606 wrote:
I use "just for me" Kiddie relaxer because I believe it is less harsh on my hair I could be wrong...

No they are not less harsh. Still have all the same stuff in it. Chemical is a chemical.

Transitioning!!!!!
MissCoco210

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kiddie relaxers have the some chemicals as the adult but it just works slower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Relaxers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: