Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Getting Thicker Hair
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ACE



Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 3224

Location: MI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
MissCoco210 wrote:
mega tek i heard can thicken ur hair


when did u purchase megatek?what were ur pleasant results?
_________________
BSL 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MissCoco210



Joined: 11 Nov 2009
Posts: 1567

Location: Harrison, New York, USA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is week four of megatek and i have no complaints... breakage went down and i know my hair feels thicker because when i did my bantu knots i had thicker curls
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MissCoco210



Joined: 11 Nov 2009
Posts: 1567

Location: Harrison, New York, USA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MissCoco210 wrote:
mega tek i heard can thicken ur hair


I am telling the truth about this.... I used it for 30 days twice a week and my hair has definately has gotton thicker... this next 30 days i am going to be using it once a week and this next 30 day i am looking for length because they say give it 2 months to see growth because it is a powerful growth aided.. i have not experienced out of the ordinary shedding or breakage... i use low manipulation and i keep my scalp moisturized.... healthy hair starts from a healthy scalp and body...
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
6footlonghair



Joined: 07 May 2010
Posts: 150

Location: Rhode Island

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is what I am doing to get thicker hair. Not sure if you would follow this same route, but it has been working for me.

Stop Getting Dominican Blow-outs completely.- I used to get them once a month, but I think they reaked havoc on my hair. With heat protector and everything
No heat for 4 months at all, even for deep conditioning
Protective styling- Buns and Single braids
Mild Protein Treatment every week- ORS Mayo
Stretching Relaxer- 3-4 months
Trim any thin ends- I would say about 1-2 inches

Some say Castor Oil helps, but I haven't seen much of a difference from that.

I also take B5 Pantothenic Acid, which helped increase the thickness of my strands on the new growth.
_________________
http://6footlonghair.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/6footlonghair
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MissCoco210



Joined: 11 Nov 2009
Posts: 1567

Location: Harrison, New York, USA

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
6footlonghair wrote:
This is what I am doing to get thicker hair. Not sure if you would follow this same route, but it has been working for me.

Stop Getting Dominican Blow-outs completely.- I used to get them once a month, but I think they reaked havoc on my hair. With heat protector and everything
No heat for 4 months at all, even for deep conditioning
Protective styling- Buns and Single braids
Mild Protein Treatment every week- ORS Mayo
Stretching Relaxer- 3-4 months
Trim any thin ends- I would say about 1-2 inches

Some say Castor Oil helps, but I haven't seen much of a difference from that.

I also take B5 Pantothenic Acid, which helped increase the thickness of my strands on the new growth.



Om my those are good ideas but heat during deep conditioning helps open the pore in your haed for a realt deep treatment... i am an ORS person myself
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ACE



Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 3224

Location: MI

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i cant believe the dbo wreaked ravoc on your hair girl.I hear those are nice....alot of heat is used yes...but it seems like its damaging
_________________
BSL 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MissCoco210



Joined: 11 Nov 2009
Posts: 1567

Location: Harrison, New York, USA

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LEss heat the better i think well all got that by now... damn heat... so addictive at times
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
6footlonghair



Joined: 07 May 2010
Posts: 150

Location: Rhode Island

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, Dominican Blow Outs are no joke, for me at least.The outcome is very nice, but all that heat and pulling of the hair while blow drying is far to much manipulation.
I also noticed when going to Dominican Salons that they use those small tooth combs so I end up leaving with 15% less hair then I came in with.
_________________
http://6footlonghair.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/6footlonghair
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ACE



Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 3224

Location: MI

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
small tooth combs?dang that's not good.that's awful...probably even painful
_________________
BSL 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MissCoco210



Joined: 11 Nov 2009
Posts: 1567

Location: Harrison, New York, USA

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
like after a week after a Dominican blow out i get split ends... so sicking... low outs are optional for style... wrap hair after a set and you will have strait healthy bounce to our hair
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
christopher



Joined: 13 May 2010
Posts: 4

Location: united staes

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can do some things which normally people do to grow their hair thicker.You should use Nixon help to make your hair thick and make it grow faster. You can also take vitamin biotin this is good for hair, nails and skin.Too much brushing break hair so don't do.You can make your hair thicker by keeping your hair in braids and not putting so much heat on hair. I's also cause the hair to break off.
_________________
m3 ds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
6footlonghair



Joined: 07 May 2010
Posts: 150

Location: Rhode Island

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
christopher wrote:
You can do some things which normally people do to grow their hair thicker.You should use Nixon help to make your hair thick and make it grow faster. You can also take vitamin biotin this is good for hair, nails and skin.Too much brushing break hair so don't do.You can make your hair thicker by keeping your hair in braids and not putting so much heat on hair. I's also cause the hair to break off.



I agree about the biotin. I only started taking them 1000mcg/day, a month ago and I see a difference in thickness with my new growth.
_________________
http://6footlonghair.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/6footlonghair
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ACE



Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 3224

Location: MI

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
6footlonghair wrote:
christopher wrote:
You can do some things which normally people do to grow their hair thicker.You should use Nixon help to make your hair thick and make it grow faster. You can also take vitamin biotin this is good for hair, nails and skin.Too much brushing break hair so don't do.You can make your hair thicker by keeping your hair in braids and not putting so much heat on hair. I's also cause the hair to break off.



I agree about the biotin. I only started taking them 1000mcg/day, a month ago and I see a difference in thickness with my new growth.


u think thats something,try a whopping 5mcg a day.its only one small supplemnt.ive been taking it dor a little while now...
_________________
BSL 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ACE



Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 3224

Location: MI

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
christopher wrote:
You can do some things which normally people do to grow their hair thicker.You should use Nixon help to make your hair thick and make it grow faster. You can also take vitamin biotin this is good for hair, nails and skin.Too much brushing break hair so don't do.You can make your hair thicker by keeping your hair in braids and not putting so much heat on hair. I's also cause the hair to break off.


ive always been somewhat interested in uding Nixon...alot of salons use that on clients.id try it for thickness maybe once im done with my current products
_________________
BSL 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ceely



Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 61

Location: Illinois

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
MissCoco210 wrote:
mega tek i heard can thicken ur hair


Mega Tek is my staple product mixed with pepperment oil! It's doing wonders for my hair! Trust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum







Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group