Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Read This!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Read This! Reply with quote
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/extract/105/5/1154

arrowwalker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

Pasheen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That article really upsets me because I read so much more into it. The problem is that we have been conditioned to believe that there is something wrong with us and our hair. So much so, that we are damaging ourselves and our children to look "better”, clean, neater or whatever. There are all different hair types in my home and I hate it when people say good hair and bad hair. I get that even in my family some of my children have "good" hair but they all have good hair; I show them the beauty in all their hair. My oldest has hair so thick it can break a comb, what a blessing! I get them books on loving their hair and how special their hair is because they can do so much with it. If their hair was snap your fingers long it would be beautiful because they are beautiful. Children ingesting relaxers are ridiculous!

~Pasheen
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am so sorry that it upset you but I gathered that they were talking about ingesting the relaxer. I could be wrong but yes, you are right I see all hair as good hair period! Pasheen I have heard that all my life too and it's totally B***. We have beautiful hair and it's the crown that we were given. Surely no one would criticize a gift. That is what I feel some people do when they try to put hair into two categories, good and bad. I love all hair types because it is given to us at birth as a gift. My culture regards this as sacred!

Pasheen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, don't be sorry sweetie it wasn't you. I'm an old softy I can't stand to watch sad movies because I cry, I had to stop carrying cash because I give it all away, I chased someone in the subway with 3 inch heels because they dropped a dollar.

It's the mentality of it that hurts as well as the consequences of that mentality and how it affects everyone’s life. Unlike you everyone doesn't see beauty or worth in themselves or other people.

~Pasheen
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sooooooooo very true! I have notice this in so many people that it is truly sad. We are who we are because our Creator wanted us that way. We cannot change our hairs anymore than we can change our skin color. Our hair has character and above all it's our personal crown. Native Americans believe to cut it means to bring death to one's door. This is very Serious Pasheen. I always advice if you must cut or even trim to please say a small prayer to your higher power. Call me crazy but I do not want to cross my Creator. Your values are not so much different Pasheen and I know you honor your crown by providing for it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: