Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Why Do Woamen Transition from Relaxed to Natural?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MochaKiss

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Why Do Woamen Transition from Relaxed to Natural? Reply with quote
Im seeing all of this talk about woamen cutting of thier hair to go natural.Why is that?Im still a newbie at all this still so can anyone give me a little insight? Wink
angeeE5

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey MochaKiss,

It is not a cult thing or anything, but a lot of women (like myself) have been victims of chemical damage. In turn, they have seek assistance from their professional stylists. To no avail, this brought about more confusion. As a result, these women have to resort to drastic measures.

My measures were not as drastic. If you happen to be one of these women, then my friend, you have two choices. One, you can trim your damaged ends and begin to treat the remainder of your hair, or you can go for the BIG CHOP!

The choice is up to you.
mzjones7

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Why Do Woamen Transition from Relaxed to Natural? Reply with quote
MochaKiss,
I can only speak for me and don't mind sharing with you the reason that I chose to trandtion from relaxer to natural. My number one reason is I just got tired of my hair being damaged. I have a nice hair. It is natually thick and course. As a child my hair was long and health because back then my Mom would wash my hair once a week and press it out. Now that I am grown I do the same but the only differance is I had a relaxer. With the relexer I was constantly using the flat iron and sitting in the chair of my hair stylist. I began to transition February 2009 and that was the last time I got a perm. I started researching about natural hair and something it was something that challenged me. The challenge became physical, emotional and then spiritual for me. I wanted to see me and be me the natural way that GOD made me. I was and still very interested in being natural in all areas of my life. It was and is challenge for me to really see, know and love me for me.[/quote]
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MochaKiss I can tell you that I did it too because of so much damage in the past. I didn't cut it but, thanks to Angee I decided to give it a shot and see if I could handle my natural hair naturally.

jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did it for a new start. actually had a bald spot before to natural and it got better when I did. I did it for 1 1/2 year. I didn't keep it that way because I didn't know how to manage. If I knew what I now then, I would have stayed natural.

Transitioning!!!!!
kwicherbichen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. They feel they have been relaxing their hair to fit into the white standard of beauty. After realising this, they want to become their OWN person. Not a sheeple.

2. Relaxers DAMAGE the hair. It BREAKS THE NATURAL BONDS in your hair.

3. Some find it is CHEAPER to go natural

4. Some just love the look.

I personally am not relaxing my temples, so they are completely natural because they are thinning. I don't know exactly what is causing the thinning, so I think its best to just not do ANYTHING to them at all (no braids, no chemicals, no heat, etc) for a year and see what happens.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I can tell you that I relaxed my hair in the past not for the standard of beauty but to handle a massive head of hair. I or anyone else couldn't deal with it.

ammy9321

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spam Bot above me ^
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ammy thank you much!

ammy9321

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
no problem! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Relaxers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: