Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
How to Use Protein and Moisture Treatments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Conditioners and Treatments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mzkea

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you ladies applying heat to your hair after these washes? I would like to start co-washing and deep conditioning my hair at least 2 times per week but find it impossible to not have to apply heat/ flat iron to my hair to get it straight. After it is air dried how do you go about styling it without using heat? Confused
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also Mzkea you can wash your hair and then do rollers and let it air dry that way. I sit under the dryer for 20 minutes at a time while I do house work.

TruGem7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Use Protein and Moisture Treatments Reply with quote
hairfinity wrote:
Use protein treatments to rebuild hair structure and strength. Your hair is about 88% protein. These proteins are of a hard fibrous type known as keratin. When hair is chemically straightened, these bonds are broken, causing the hair to lose strength. If this protein is not replaced, it will eventually cause the hair to break. Mizani Kerafuse is a good protein treatment for black hair. It should be used every week (for chemically relaxed or damaged hair) under a heated dryer with a plastic cap for 10-15 minutes. For healthy hair, a protein treatment should be used every other week, alternating with a moisture treatment.

Use moisture treatments. – Moisture treatments help build hair’s resilience and prevent breakage. If protein is not balanced with moisture, it can lead to breakage. A good moisture treatment for black hair is Mizani Hydrafuse. It can be used after your protein treatment. Or on alternating weeks (one shampoo do the protein, and then the other shampoo do the moisture.) This treatment may not leave your hair feeling as "smooth" as many conditioners that contain silicones. You can use any instant conditioner that you like after your treatments to get a smoother feel. Instant conditioners are not necessary and do not need to be applied with heat.

I am about to start using Cholesterol Plus {by LeKair} mixed with egg for my Protein Treatment...after i do the treatment should i add a leave in conditioner {Cantu Shea Butter Leave In}?
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Conditioners and Treatments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: