Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
IRON DEFICIENCY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angeeE5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: IRON DEFICIENCY Reply with quote
Maybe you are cleansing and conditioning your hair properly. And you are minimizing your thermal styling. But you still more than 100 strands of hair in the comb. Are you eating your protein and green, leafy vegetables? Are you anemic? These could be contributing factors to your hair loss. I am an anemic who does not eat a lot of meat, and when I do, it is pre-packaged. I had to rework my eating habits BIG TIME. I am packing in the beef, boneless chicken, seabass, Alaskan salmon, and tuna enriched in agua.
ACE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
when I was younger I used to have to take geritol have u heard of it?the doc had my blood drawn to see if my iron was low and it was a little bit which caused a lot of my headaches.im better now though as far as the iron being low as far as I know but I still get headaches at times.
angeeE5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have never heard of geritol. I used to get headaches constantly last year and after a doctor visit, I was instructed to leave sweets alone for two weeks. I have not had those reoccurring headaches anymore but I am still eating a significant amount of sugar.
ACE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems as if there are a few reasons why we may get constant headaches.....the body is a true piece of work lol
angeeE5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, Ace. Yes indeed.
Adrz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I try to eat a lot of greens, it is important to me 'cuz I am not eating meats . I am vegan, Dr. thought my hair would fall out once I stop eating meat. It didn't cuz I try eat hummus, leafy greens, corns, spinach, potatoe, vitamin, drinking a lot of protein such as spirtulan, eating pumipik seeds, etc.
If you eat a lot of foods from Whole Markets something that nobody would wanna eat in years because it is unheard or seems so healthy that is tastless like quinoa. I promise you be high in protein than any meat ! Did you know that spirtulna (protein shake from Whole Market) is about 40% higher than meat?

You don't have to eat meat to get protein. meats are not only way to get protein.

You just have to know how find right foods with great amount of protein, pumkip seeds are better nuts with 20% iron than regular nuts but ppl igonored pumikin seeds in past because they too healthy that are tastless. They went ahead to salted nuts . That an example of why I choose pumpik seeds instead.

I had seen a lot ppl with hair issue gave advice saying to try quonia and spirtulna even thru it nasty, lol. You can try organic milk too.

Dr. really don't know a lot about those protein formula foods or vegan because they will just say whatever is in their own opinion. My dr. told my hair going fall once vegan 'cuz she thinking she knew vegan too . Not all DR. go school in all of area
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump

babygurl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can use iron or MSM... Cool
babygurl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Iron deficiency is a condition resulting from too little iron in the body. Iron deficiency is the most common nutritional deficiency and the leading cause of anemia in the United States...

The terms anemia, iron deficiency, and iron deficiency anemia often are used interchangeably but equivalent. Iron deficiency ranges from depleted iron stores without functional or health impairment to iron deficiency with anemia, which affects the functioning of several organ systems.... Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
ACE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
babygurl wrote:
Iron deficiency is a condition resulting from too little iron in the body. Iron deficiency is the most common nutritional deficiency and the leading cause of anemia in the United States...

The terms anemia, iron deficiency, and iron deficiency anemia often are used interchangeably but equivalent. Iron deficiency ranges from depleted iron stores without functional or health impairment to iron deficiency with anemia, which affects the functioning of several organ systems.... Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

babygurl, WELCOME! im late but i had to let u know welcome to t he forum...and thanks for your post.Its amazing how important these vitamins are and how essential they are to your overall health.
nakjns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am going to give the geritol a try, I keep hearing good things about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: