Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Psoriasis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss UK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Psoriasis Reply with quote
My little girl has Psoriasis of the scalp. Resulting in itchness, sores and scabs. My family doctor gave us some medicated shampoo that works very well but he recommended that it be used daily. Not having afro hair himself he didn't understand that her hair shouldn't be washed that often.

Can anyone recommend an alternative treatment? Will she ever grow out of it?
forever1994

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmmmm. Maybe you should ask your docter If she will grow out of it. I beleive she will. My cousin had an extreme scalp problem. She used sulfer8, and had yellow scabs(the sulfer8 helped). She decided to cut all of it off to get rid of the problem for good. I dont know if she had what your daughter had though:)

Natural
tdbarnes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
to comment on the psoriasis my daughter had psorisis and she too had to use the shampoo that required washing her hair everyday and that was not good for her hair so i talked to a beautician who advised me to use tea tree shampoo and it was the best advice ever i went from washing her hair daily to washing it twice a week to now just once a week because the overwashing it was causing it to dry out more the tea tree shampoo worked miracles my daughter struggled with psoriasis for 3 years and tea tree shampoo www.vitamins.com (puritan pride) cleared it up completely she has not had anymore dry scalp or scales her scalp is normal again and not itching its been a life saver so maybe this will work for her its worth it to try it i was willing to try anything rather than my child continue to suffer
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sulfur is the best thing but maybe try asking the doctor for something that can be used for longer periods without washing the hair so much.

stevejack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there...

Psoriasis is an inherited disease. However there are certain triggering factors such as injury to the skin, vaccinations and certain medications that have been responsible for the development of this condition. It usually takes about a month for new cells to move from the lower layers of the skin to the surface. In psoriasis, this process takes only a few days, resulting in a build up of dead skin cells and formation of thick scales
Adrz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: I don't know if I am too late Reply with quote
I don't know if I am too late replying but I heard dead sea mud shampoo is a great at killing daed cells with moisturing .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: