Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
The Oil Uses Directory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Conditioners and Treatments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: The Oil Uses Directory Reply with quote
I decided to make a "Oil uses" Thread. This way when newcomers come around they can be informed about the different oils that aid in hair health and growth. It will be an attractive topic complete with pictures and full descriptions of the oils as well as uses. If anyone wants to contribute please post it and I will edit it into the first post. And hopefully I can get arrow, to maybe pin it to the forum Wink

In ABC order...

Amla Oil

Description:
Dabur Amla Hair Oil combines the goodness of amla fruit (Indian gooseberry) with a blend of vegetable and mineral oils to promote long, healthy hair. Regular application can assist in reducing split ends and minor hair loss. Dabur Amla Hair Oil has been the secret of beautiful hair in India and around the world for over 50 years.

Amla oil makes the hair stronger, darker and it increases hair growth.

Uses:
Hot Oil Treatment
Massage your scalp with Dabur Amla hair oil leave overnight for best results shampoo next morning to get healthy and lustrous hair.

Proven Results:
http://thehairofdlewis.blogspot.com/2008/11/amla-oil.html

Where to purchase:
http://www.ruchitaayurveda.com/product/115528/Dabur-Amla-Oil_370410.html
[Members of Hairfinity receive 15% off their total when they use the code HAIRF15]

Apricot Kernel Oil

Description:
Now Apricot Kernel Oil nourishes skin and softens fine lines to restore a healthy glow. Rich in essential fatty acids, this gentle oil serves as an ideal treatment for soft, radiant hair, as well as a relaxing massage oil. For deep moisturizing, simply apply a few drops between your palms and then massage into the desired area. For softer, more radiant hair, Now Apricot Kernel Oil can be used in shampoos and conditioners or as a hot oil treatment.

100% Pure, Guaranteed

Looking for a light oil that will add softness and moisture without weighing down your hair?

Check out Apricot Kernel Oil!

Apricot Kernel oil is cold-pressed and refined from the dried kernels of apricots. Its consistency and texture resemble sweet almond oil and it penetrates the hair effortlessly without leaving an oily residue like Olive oil or Jojoba oil.

Its also high in Vitamin E and Vitamin A which makes it great for hydrating mature, dry and sensitive skin.

Uses:
For best results, add to your shampoo or conditioner for extra softness. Or, use as a hot oil treatment to soften new growth. Lastly, add a few drops to your daily moisturizer to boost its moisturizing effects and add shine to the hair.

Proven Results:
http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Apricot-Kernel-Oil-4-fl-oz-118-ml/14301?at=0 - Product Review

Where to purchase:
Apricot Kernel Oil can be found at most natural or organic food stores.

------------------

This is the criteria. If someone gives me the name of the oil, I will be happy to do the research. It's time consuming and a little tedious but it's worth it to educate and inform other women on proper hair care and nourishment.

Transitioning!!!!!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not only is it for beginers but good for us old folks who forget, me included Very Happy thank you again

ceely

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
arrowwalker wrote:
Not only is it for beginers but good for us old folks who forget, me included Very Happy thank you again

I just wanted to give you yr props for finding this. I know Alma oil is very good for the hair, I have some but don't use it. I will go back to it tho!

You are a sweetie pie for posting this. Thanks girl! Good looking out! Laughing
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you cCeely and yes do get on it Very Happy

mimiyu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you for sharing this products to us. I know a lot of people are finding hair solutions to make their hair beautiful, (and I'm one of them).
product for hair loss
Adrz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do u think Pumpkin Seed Oil is a great oil hair ? I have heard it has a great fatty acid and omgea .
angeeE5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, pumpkin oil is superb for hair growth. I love the smell of it as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Conditioners and Treatments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: