Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
WARNING; TO Natural Sista , I learn in hard way!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: WARNING; TO Natural Sista , I learn in hard way! Reply with quote
I was in teeny afro . Most of time, I only know the style is braiding and twisting. I saw it made me prettier than other styles, I also saw that braiding made some ppl reduce in hairline (only if braiding too tight or too much) .

I was in opening forum with other natural hair talking why braiding makes that way, they said if you don't let scalp breath for at least a month or week , it will reduce hairline. I agreed but I was caught up in braiding and twisting too much that my side edge looks like it was empty with no hair! I moisturze with oil, it is okay now , but very slow to grow back with hair.... still bald patch (it is only partial on edge)

Don't braid too much , even twist or put on tight ponytail (it pull back hair follicle hard) wow... I learn in hard way, now I just leave it alone to be nappy. LOL
angeeE5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I totally agree with your message. I lost 2 inches of my hairline back in 2005 due to a bad relaxer application. Five years later, I am still trying to grow the hair back. I am going to post some pics to show you what I am talking about. Smh
Adrz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: I agree with you 100%! Reply with quote
I learned abt it too, in another opening forum of natural sisters. I saw a girl from youtube.com got hairline receding , it looked lke it bald completely an half inch from hairline, and I noticed in comment box said it from perming too much . Some other girl said perm was heard somewhere to be found , same as cancer that eat you up.

I asked natural sistas if it was possible for perm to eat you . They answered Yes, because it has harassh chemical that spread to your hairline and eat up as if it a burning chemical. I am glad I stopped 6 months ago and chop off knowing perm is bad thing.

ALWAYS TELL YOUR HAIRSTYLIST , IF YOU FEELING SOMETHING BURNING / HOT or else you have bald patch from that
angeeE5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ardz,

If I did not know any better, I would believe that the girl that you are referring to on Youtube was me. I lost two inches of my hairline five years ago due to a poor relaxer application. Since then, I have grew 1 1/2 inches but I still have balding at my hairline.
Adrz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: I am not sure because I had seen couple or more of them Reply with quote
I am not sure but I seen a couple or more of them on youtube.com.

You are not only one alone that lose hairline, I have heard that a lot girls lose hairlines from perm , guys too.

I think I caught glimpse of my hairstylist lose some hairline from perming too much.
Adrz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I glad you grew 1 1/2 since ever. That must be relieved for you...but how did you do that? I want try that since i have a partial bald on my edge.
angeeE5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It took a lot of research and homemade remedies. First, I tried Indian treatments (begin with an A but I cannot recall it) once a month. I stopped using eggs for protein treatments and replaced with avocado. My hair was much smoother and I could rinse it with warm water with it curdling in my hair. Yuck!

But the best method of them all was HF Hair Vitamins and WGHO and WGHO Moisturizer. These two products mixed together brought my edge back. Most recently, I began using E'TAE hair products, and this is the best thing that I have ever tried since Aubrey Organics. I never thought I would say that!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: