Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Cold Water Rinse
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Conditioners and Treatments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pasheen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Cold Water Rinse Reply with quote
Last night I washed my hair and at the final rinse I rinsed my hair in cold water like I usually do. After I did it I couldn't remember why I do it. It was something a friend of mine told me over 10 years ago. The reasoning was it cold my pours after conditioning but I looked to see if there were any other reasons and this is what I discovered. Rinsing in cold water helps to minimize the pores and the molecules that make up the hair meaning the final cold rinse closes the cuticle. The end result is a healthy and shiny hair.

I did find some who didn't agree but it's one of those things that works for me. Does anyone else cold water rinse?

~Pasheen
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's true Pasheen. I rinse with cold water as well. It makes your hair shiny too. It also feels much smoother.

Transitioning!!!!!
Pasheen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know. Do you know any history behind it?

~Pasheen
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No I do not. I just know that it works wonders. Very Happy

Transitioning!!!!!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I have done this all my life Ladies and I agree with you both. It has always given me a deep shine along with the proper health. Thank you for reminding me about it.

Pasheen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Isn't it one of those things we do just out of habit? But Arrow do you know where you got it from? I'm just curious.

~Pasheen
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not sure what you mean when you say where did I get it from? I was talking about the cold water rinse. I sometimes forget to do this when I wash my hair. I get so used to tepid water that sometimes I forget to change it. I think I do this more in the summer than any other time.

arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

mimiyu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes that is right. Rinsing your hair with cold water helps to make it beautiful. But within talking about this, do you think that the weather has something to do with the hair? like when the season is cold, or it is summer. What do you think?
hair loss products
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep I find it grows slower in the winter

ACE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think my hair has grown faster in the winter for some reason, IDK why.As far as tthe cold water rinse goes, I do it from time to time but perhaps not pften enough.I haven't ever seena huge difference in shine though.Do you all think that because I usually allow my hair to air dry that that may have something to do with the shine not really being obvious?
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump

ACE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think Im really starting to like the cold water rinses,but with the right conditioner.I find that if I use some janky conditioner and attempt the cold water rinse and my hair would become kinda matted and tangled.I just about gave up.I however decided to add a spin on my rinses by stepping in the shower while its warm,then gradually adjusting the temp to a very cool lukewarm so i can rinse my conditioner.My hair likes that better.
Adrz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: it didn't work 4 me Reply with quote
It didn't work 4 me, it made my kinky thick afro more nappy and crunchy.
I remember my mom told me to use warm water helped minizing pore ..it did work 4 me. I love the feeling of heated water on my face.
Did you hear a lot scary stories about ppl using cold water in dishes water, washing clothes, etc? It is the same way with hair. Cold hair will not help with hair such as kill bacterials .
mzkea

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ACE wrote:
I think Im really starting to like the cold water rinses,but with the right conditioner.I find that if I use some janky conditioner and attempt the cold water rinse and my hair would become kinda matted and tangled.I just about gave up.I however decided to add a spin on my rinses by stepping in the shower while its warm,then gradually adjusting the temp to a very cool lukewarm so i can rinse my conditioner.My hair likes that better.

I so agree...I get tangles regardless of the conditioner in use so i havent done them in awhile, I now do the same as you use luke warm water. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Conditioners and Treatments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: