Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Protein Treatments for Breakage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Computer*Love

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just wanted to know if Henna is a good protein treatment for relaxed hair? Confused
Beauty is only skin deep. Positive Thinking Gives Positive Results. Tell your hair what you want it to be and, it will show you what it already heard. Keep smiling ya'll we all Look better when we do.
hericane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Henna IS NOT a protein treatment, BUT it does strengthen and condition the hair!
Computer*Love

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hericane wrote:
Henna IS NOT a protein treatment, BUT it does strengthen and condition the hair!

Thanks Hericane, Very Happy

I also wanted to know can I use it for my relaxed hair and if so, which kind would be of good use to me? Very Happy
Beauty is only skin deep. Positive Thinking Gives Positive Results. Tell your hair what you want it to be and, it will show you what it already heard. Keep smiling ya'll we all Look better when we do.
hericane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Computer*Love wrote:
hericane wrote:

Thanks Hericane, Very Happy

I also wanted to know can I use it for my relaxed hair and if so, which kind would be of good use to me? Very Happy

I am relaxed and successfully use henna/henna gloss 1x per week. I have fine strands through, so it really helps thicken them up. You'll need to start off with 1-2x per month to see how your hair does; then maybe extend if needed. HTH!
Computer*Love

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very Happy Thanks Hericane.
hericane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Computer*Love wrote:
Very Happy Thanks Hericane.

Anytime! Just remember to keep your mix simple the first time to get a good feel for how your hair will react; then you can start playing "kitchen chemist"!
Computer*Love

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright. Because I did see a lot of people experimenting with it. I bought some and it is called Colora but as I was reading from another forum that I attend. They say that only Jamila is good for relaxed hair because it is safe. The only thing is I don't live by no Indian store so it is hard to find that brand so I just went with the brand that was there, but I don't know if it is OK I will just wait it out to see if I find the brand that they was talking about. I love my hair. And would hate to lose it. Any of it. I don't even like the shedding process. Confused But Thanks again Hericane you are a big help. Very Happy
hericane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Computer*Love wrote:
Alright. Because I did see a lot of people experimenting with it. I bought some and it is called Colora but as I was reading from another forum that I attend. They say that only Jamila is good for relaxed hair because it is safe. The only thing is I don't live by no Indian store so it is hard to find that brand so I just went with the brand that was there, but I don't know if it is OK I will just wait it out to see if I find the brand that they was talking about. I love my hair. And would hate to lose it. Any of it. I don't even like the shedding process. Confused But Thanks again Hericane you are a big help. Very Happy

I have been using henna for nearly 2 years and I've NEVER used Jamila. Focus on looking for body art quality (BAQ) henna, it 100%. I've used Karishma, Ashfan, Dulhan, & Reshma all with good success. Colora henna has toooo many ingredients: Water, Natural Henna Extract, Alcohol, Cocoamphopropionate, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose. May also contain: Solvent Black 5, Disperse Blue
1, Basic Violet 14, Basic Yellow 15.

100% BAQ ONLY has henna ( Lawsonia inermis) So if your looking for a completely natural way to color your hair; look for BAQ. You can't go wrong! Brand is a matter of preference.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

mzkea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Silk Elements Deep conditoner IS THE BOMB!! Put this magic potion on your hair and sit under the dryer for about 15-20 min, after that touch you hair, you can feel how soft and smooth it is before you even wash it out. PLEASE BELIEVE you will not be disappointed.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Mzkea I will take that under consideration!

MissCoco210

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
really damaged hair mega tek once a week make sure to wash it out

Sharii16

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has Anyone Used Aphogee Protein Treatment ?? If So How Long Do You Keep It In Your Hair !?!
long term:mbl by Summer '11
last relaxer:12/15/09
next relaxer:07/01/10
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

ACE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sharii16 wrote:
Has Anyone Used Aphogee Protein Treatment ?? If So How Long Do You Keep It In Your Hair !?!

I haven't used it bfore....well i take that back back when i was little.for what i know it should be kept in briefly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: