Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
My Daughter Wants LONG HAIR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: My Daughter Wants LONG HAIR Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

Are there vitamins for kids too? She is 5 years old. Any recommendations?
She does eat healthy. She has dry hair for the most part, she is an eczema sufferer, and she also has allergies. Her hair is naturally soft and curly, yet dry. She does not have a relaxer of any kind. How can I help her hair stay moist and grow....
hericane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try Organics Shea Butter Moisturizer/Detangler. Its packed with great ingredients to boost moisture. I've heard naturals have really good success with this product! Very Happy
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
that is exactly what I use on her hair. However, sometimes even that dries her out.

My local pharmacist told me to add 1000 mg of MSM to her diet and see if that helps the eczema which is basically an inflamitory. They have a topical gel but the pharmacist said getting it directly in her system would be best. We will see, that may aide some of her dryness. Fortunately it comes in capsule form, I put it on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and she has no problem.

Thanks for the response.
hericane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
mariofmagdal wrote:
that is exactly what I use on her hair. However, sometimes even that dries her out.

My local pharmacist told me to add 1000 mg of MSM to her diet and see if that helps the eczema which is basically an inflamitory. They have a topical gel but the pharmacist said getting it directly in her system would be best. We will see, that may aide some of her dryness. Fortunately it comes in capsule form, I put it on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and she has no problem.

Thanks for the response.

The MSM is HIGHLY effective at both clearing skin ailments and softening newgrowth. This was a great suggestion by your pharmacist. What does did he suggest for her?
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
1000 mg for my daughter, says it is harmless.
hericane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
mariofmagdal wrote:
1000 mg for my daughter, says it is harmless.

Shocked Wow! You should definitely see the impact of MSM fairly quickly at that dosage. Most hair vits only contain 500-700 mg.
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Daughters Growth Reply with quote
I just started using Groganics "Gro N Wild" and I have seen a change in her hair! It is very healthy looking with a clean shine at all times. I just ordered the shampoo and conditioner offline so that I can use one product only. Not just a change, even she has noticed the growth! It has only been about 3 weeks Very Happy I have been braiding her hair and only taking them down for washing on the weekends and allowing her to wear her hair cute on Sundays for church, then back into braids for the rest of the week. She actually prefers the braids now. She also takes 1000mg of MSM per day for her eczema which has noticeably cleared too. She is happily on the road to her hearts desire for long hair! Wink
forever1994

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont suggest giving her hairfinity.. Maybe when she's 12 or older..

Natural
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
forever1994 wrote:
I dont suggest giving her hairfinity.. Maybe when she's 12 or older..

No, I am not going to give her hairfinity vitamins, she takes a childrens multi and the MSM for her eczema.
BlackBeauti85

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I too want to grow my daughter's hair.It is natural which is how its going to stay. Any regimen suggestions. Her hair is really thick but fine and frizzy at same time. I could style her hair early morning and mid afternoon its looks as though nothing has been done to it. Crying or Very sad Its seems pretty dry too.
keisha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
what do you use on her hair black beauty? products with mineral oil and petolatum don't moisturize the hair and actually keeps moisture out. Invest in products without them also moisturizing conditioners. you will also need something to keep the hair tamed. check out carol's daughter.com
hericane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BlackBeauti85 wrote:
I too want to grow my daughter's hair.It is natural which is how its going to stay. Any regimen suggestions. Her hair is really thick but fine and frizzy at same time. I could style her hair early morning and mid afternoon its looks as though nothing has been done to it. Crying or Very sad Its seems pretty dry too.

Braids + Moisture, Moisture, Moisture! Usually yields the best and easiest results for young children! Check out www.groafrohairlong.com
johnmarshel

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: My Daughter Wants LONG HAIR Reply with quote
You give her a fruits and vegetables this are good for her,she is too younger, here you tell what kind of your daughter's hair,you just do oiling regularly and after oiling you wash her hair with a suited hair shampoo when ever you wash before wash must oiling her hair,this way you care then her hair become silky and softy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: