Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Hi. Im a Newbie with TOO MANY Questions!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JessieBoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Hi. Im a Newbie with TOO MANY Questions!! Reply with quote
Confused Okay...So i've taken about a month to learn everything I can about hair..you see Ive never had any type of regimen done to my hair...ever. All i do is wash with whatever shampoo is closest to me, conditioner, grease my scalp and go. I wear my hair in braids or weaves most of the time so my hair is protected from the flat iron that i use too much..WELL NO MORE!

I've decided to start all over and 1st treat my scalp, with the ORS Scalp Scrub(i hope it works)

Then use just about all the Aphogee products. my hair is breaking real bad...and real flakey so i think this will be best.

Then i heard about moisturizing and sealing...i chose to moisturize with Elasta Mango Butter and seal with whatever oil..

What im confused about is allll these products, is it saafe to use back to back? The Aphogee, then the oils? How often should i be washing my hair? because i wash it just about once a week..and what's pree pooing, should that be done in between washes?? Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!!!
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi. Im a Newbie with TOO MANY Questions!! Reply with quote
JessieBoo wrote:

What im confused about is allll these products, is it saafe to use back to back? The Aphogee, then the oils? How often should i be washing my hair? because i wash it just about once a week..and what's pree pooing, should that be done in between washes?? Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hello, my name is Brittany and Welcome to the Forum!

Let me help you with some of your questions^^

JessieBoo wrote:

What im confused about is allll these products, is it saafe to use back to back?The Aphogee, then the oils?

What do you mean by back to back? Like one after another or like interchanging? If interchanging then thats fine. It's actually a good thing to do that. If you mean one behind the other than your hair will probably have a product overload. Which will result in heavy, weighed down hair if not applied liberlay.

JessieBoo wrote:

How often should i be washing my hair? because i wash it just about once a week..

Your personal perspective. I can't tell you that. You have to figure it out. Listen to your hair. For me, when scalp feels itchy and tight, which is about twice a week, then it's time for a wash. So I was 2-3xtimes a week. you can also tell by applying oil to the itching spot and it still itchy. Once a week is good and great to start off. But it varys from person to person. I also wash when I work out so it may go up to 4-5 times a week. IT IS SAFE TO WASH KINKY TEXTURED HAIR EVERYDAY!

JessieBoo wrote:

and what's pree pooing, should that be done in between washes??

Before washes. It could be a coconut oil treatment or any quality oil treatment. It could also be conditioner. You don't have to do it every time. But it aids in hair health. Especially if its Olive oil. Wink

Transitioning!!!!!
reynoldssmith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi it was really nice post. I got solution of my some questions. And keep posting similar stuff.
ACE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
so is it best to pre poo with virgin coconut oil or olive oil?has anyone heard of the spectrum brand for the virgn coconut oil?
angeeE5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ace,

I recommend that you use either or for a pre-poo. They are both excellent choices. However, there is a slight difference. For one, the extra virgin coconut oil absorbs faster into the hair, which would make it excellent for a deep conditioner. Secondly, it maximizes shine in the hair. On the other hand, extra virgin olive oil works best for those with extremely dry hair and for those who heat style often.

Hope this helps you out!
ACE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes Angee that has helped tremendously!Thanks.I purchased Virgin Coconut Oil not the Extra Virgin...will I still be ok using just the Virgin Coconut oil or should I go buy the Extra Virgin Coconut oil?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Shampoos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: