Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
TEXTURIZER VS RELAXER

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown Angel Beauty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: TEXTURIZER VS RELAXER Reply with quote
Question If you are looking to stretch your relaxers can you use a texturizer as a substitute or is that just a bad idea that could cause more damage to my hair?
DIVA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A Texturizer last longer than a perm will! A Texturizer lasts for 12 months before you need to get a touch up! A regular perm is a no-lye, a texturizer is a lye. I use Soft and Beautiful's texturizer and I'm in need for a touch up it's been 1yr and 3months since I last used one! Hope this helps you!
Brown Angel Beauty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: but? Reply with quote
DIVA wrote:
A Texturizer last longer than a perm will! A Texturizer lasts for 12 months before you need to get a touch up! A regular perm is a no-lye, a texturizer is a lye. I use Soft and Beautiful's texturizer and I'm in need for a touch up it's been 1yr and 3months since I last used one! Hope this helps you!

But could I then go back to a relaxer anytime I wanted or would I be stuck using a texturizer? And will a texturizer work on relaxed hair?
DIVA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you wanted to go back to a relaxer at anytime after the texturizer you can! My niece had one after her hair grew to the middle of her back, So yes you can go back to a perm anytime you like
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Diva and Brown Angel Beauty
Are you planning to join the challange? "Making the Transition", in this section. It's only for a month and I would love to see you ladies join me, will you consider it?

japrincess0606

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
is the texturizer more healthier for your hair than a perm ?
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
japrincess0606 wrote:
is the texturizer more healthier for your hair than a perm ?

No. A texturizer can e just as damaging as a relaxer. Just like the kiddie relaxer...every body thinks the kiddie relaxer is a safe bet....anyway if not careful, yo can actually straighten the hair with a texturizer if not applied or done properly. YIKES!

Transitioning!!!!!
LadyDef

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
A texturizer and a relaxer have the same chemicals. There are so many people who think that kiddie relaxers and texturizers are safer than lye, and no-lye relaxers and they are NOT. Texturizers do the same thing as relaxers - break the hair bonds to restructure it.

If you leave a relaxer in your hair for less than the required amount of time for your hair type, it IS "texturized". My husband used to do it all the time and people didn't even know that he had relaxer in his hair. They swore is was "natural waves!" LOL

But this is the reason you can switch from relaxer to texturizer and vice versa. But I wouldn't recommend switching on a consistent basis like this because it can cause lots of hair breakage. But they both do still basically does the same thing: loosen the natural curl pattern.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Relaxers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: