Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
STRESSED! I ruined my daughters hair!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportie40

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: STRESSED! I ruined my daughters hair! Reply with quote
My daughter will be 13 in Nov. She begged for flowing managable hair. A few years ago a stylist did a texturizer that worked wonderful. Changed stylist ONE TIME and this person seriously relaxed her hair and it came out in patches! He reconstruted in for a few months and it helped. Also left her hair very thin. The patchy areas have grown and we went back to the original stylist. We've continued to get touch ups, but her hair does not seem to be growing. This Dec. will be 2 years. ALSO, she has insisted on doing her own hair (washing/blow drying), now her hair has fallen out BIG TIME. Since she likes to style and comb her hair ( and wears it up most always), I had NO IDEA her hair had fallen out and sheaded so badly. Last night we used ORS ( Organic Root Stimulator) and added an egg. It REALLY made an immediate difference as no hair fell out/ sheaded. I sat her under a bonnet dryer and once almost completely dried I gentle (ad briefly) combed her hair out with a warm blow dryer. I do not plan on letting her get another 'touch-up' any time soon. Her stylist said her hair would be more difficult to manage but after this madness I think I'm up for the challenge. I emailed the consultants at Hair Finity and got a pretty thourough response. Will get some of the suggested products to continue. Also, wondering if the vitamins are ok since she's turning 13. Going to get the MSM capsule that someone else on the post uses as well. I feel so bad that I allowed this to happen. She never insists on anything, except doing her own hair. Now look what fine mess we are in. I try to tell myself-if this is the worst thing I can let happen to her then one day we'll look back on this and laugh. It hurts so much to look at pictures annd see the beautiful, thick, shoulder length hair she once had. I feel like her hair is ruined for life.Sorry for the lengthy post. It's my first time and I plan on keeping every one posted on our results. Again, she's almost 13- so the vitamins should be ok- what do you all think? My husband wants to go for it- He's bald ( by choice). He hated his receeding hair line! LOL Crying or Very sad
**Diamond*Diva**

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think the vitamins should be okay at her age. But since she insists on doing her own hair make her promise to educate herself about proper hair care. Introduce her to this website and others like www.longhaircareforum.com or [url]healthytextures.typepad.com[/url]. HTH and good luck.

Last edited by **Diamond*Diva** on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
forever1994

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The ingredients in the vitamins are much like those in regular children's multiple vitamins. So it shouldbe safe.

I say... Go for it!

Natural
japrincess0606

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I say she should take the capsules as long as she takes it as directed...taking too many vitamins at once can in turn be toxic for the body
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: