Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
mane n tail conditioner ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Conditioners and Treatments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
latrice

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: mane n tail conditioner ? Reply with quote
does anyone use the mane n tail (original conditioner) as a leave in? if so can it be used as a daily mosturizer because thats whatmy hair has been doing.
hericane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If your hair is not protein sensitive you should be fine using a small amount daily, to keep breakage at bay. It has hydrolyzed protein in it, so make sure you maintain your moisture balancing products while using. Smile
forever1994

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I use Mane N' Tail, but there really is no difference...

Natural
forever1994

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
heres a good way too wash your hair, that I found on a website:

This is the real key to using less shampoo - washing your hair in sections.

Here's how I wash my hair:

1. Before I even start washing I massage my scalp and brush my hair.
2. After my hair is thoroughly wet (lukewarm water) I squirt a dot of shampoo about the size of a quarter into my hand.
3. I rub my hands together and start washing first underneath my hair at the nape of my neck, then behind my ears and finally the back of my head. (All of it from underneath. For years I used to start washing by placing a blob if shampoo on the top of my head. Now my scalp tends to get irritated if I wash my hair that way.) I don't get a lot of suds in the first pass.
4. I do a short rinse then squirt another quarter size blob of shampoo into my hands. After rubbing then together I wash the rest of my scalp starting on top of my ears, the back of my head and then the crown. The suds really come up now especially from the first "section".
5. I do another short rinse, then the blob thing and starting at the back of my head I wash the length. Since the shampoo has been "rinsed" through the length I usually don't have to do the length in two sections. However I may do a fourth "overall" application if I feel like it. And I usually do.
6. I then rinse thoroughly using lukewarm water.
7. I apply conditioner, again in stages starting from the ends up but concentrating on the ends. I have 4 sections, bottom half of the length, top half of the length, back of head and the crown. I then lightly coil my hair and spear it into place with a hair stick and wait for about five minutes.
8. I rinse thoroughly with cold water. It's a bit of a shock first thing in the morning but its worth it. Afterwards I press the hair between my palms to get rid of excess water.
9. I loosely wrap my hair up in a towel and get dressed. After dressing I let my hair out of the towel (it doesn't drip) . I do not try to comb or pick my hair at all no matter how kooky it is.
10. About an hour later my hair is dry enough at the roots on the crown of my head so I can start finger picking my hair into some kind of order. I usually don't brush my hair until later in the day. When I do brush I first apply the jojoba oil with my hands. Sometimes I rub some oil onto the brush too.

In all I've used less than 1/4C of shampoo and conditioner. I also discovered that if I mix a lot of water (2C) and a little shampoo (2T) together in a bottle and leave it overnight, when I use it the next day it seems to be more "active". I get more suds more quickly and usually I don't need to use any more shampoo.

I don't mix water with conditioner though; it either gets lumpy (like curdled milk) or slimy. Either way the conditioner is less effective.

The only other thing you might want to know is that I don't wash my hair bent over. That final rinse is quite a gasper!

Natural
Computer*Love

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: mane n tail conditioner ? Reply with quote
latrice wrote:
does anyone use the mane n tail (original conditioner) as a leave in? if so can it be used as a daily mosturizer because thats whatmy hair has been doing.

I use to use that a long time ago. There is no particular reason why I stop. Idea
Beauty is only skin deep. Positive Thinking Gives Positive Results. Tell your hair what you want it to be and, it will show you what it already heard. Keep smiling ya'll we all Look better when we do.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: MTG Reply with quote
I use MTG for the growth properties. I find that the horse shampoo and conditioners with the rebuilders are great for your hair but you have to moisturize after. I find it makes my hair frizzy-proof
angeeE5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Mane and Tail Original Conditioner as Leave In? Reply with quote
I do not use Mane and Tail products any longer because they contain harsh sulfates and chemicals. Besides, it really dries my hair out. I must admit that it did make my hair grow, but I soon developed an itchy scalp. Sad
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote
When I say horse products I don't mean the Mane and Tail products. I am talking about Mega Tek products. They contain no sulfates or harsh ingredients. They are truly natural products. Try them and you will see what I mean.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Conditioners and Treatments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: