Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Detangling

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sugababy13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Detangling Reply with quote
OK Ladies Can Some one PLEASE tell me a way to detangles that works for them? If you can break it down step by step after your done rising out conditioner or any other tips/advice you have is greatly appreciated.
keisha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
it would help if you comb the hair out when the conditiner is still in the hair. (make sure you have a good conditioner)you will see how much easier it will be.
don't manipulate the hair too much when shampooing. i part my hair down the middle and wash it in two sections
detangle the hair with your fingers first to make it easier .
start at the end then work your way up with the comb. always be gentle and use a wide teeth comb. try using a leave in conditioner as well lie neutrogena triple moisture leave in and a detangling shampoo like cream of nature. there a some good cheap conditioners like RAIN as well as ones a little more costly like pantene. i'm sure you get it now the conditioner is the key!
Sugababy13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks a bunch Kesha! I'm going to definetly try it that way! Washing it in sections is a great ldea. I haven't done it that way. I have that NTM on my list to get I'm tryong to use up all the other fist. We'll Thannks Again& HHG to ya!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Detangling Reply with quote
I always try not to rub my hair when I am washing or conditioning it. Experts say to run your fingers through your hair while washing. When you are done rinsing then slowly and with a lot of patience begin to detangle. Use a wide tooth comb at first. Sometimes when you scrub your hair you tangle it more and have a harder time detangling it. I know it's time-consuming but it's the best we can do for our hair right now.
kwicherbichen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need to detangle your hair before you wash it. Start from the very ends and comb until the comb goes through smoothly, then go a little higher, then a little higher, etc.

Next, put a pre-poo in your hair. Extra virgin olive oil is good.

Now, go wash your hair. Yes, wash in parts. And massage the scalp. Rinse well. Don't rub the hair. Just put the shampoo on your hair, lather, then squeeze it through your hair. Just do some swipes (in sections). Then massage your scalp.

Next, put the conditioner. With a very, very large tooth comb, comb your hair with the conditioner on.

When you dry your hair, just SQUEEZE or PAT. Do not tossle.

Your hair will definitely be tangle free after that.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: