Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
I adopted a girl and I need help!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momof4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: I adopted a girl and I need help!! Reply with quote
We recently adopted two children from Ethiopia. The girl is five and has short curly hair that has been shaved most of her life. We have only been washing her hair once a week with a child's shampoo. We then use some mineral/castor oil mixture on it. She hates her hair combed! Was wondering if anyone could give me some basic hair tips. My hair is blonde and straight so this is all new to me!! We also were given some Just for me moisturizing lotion. When do I use this? How often do I oil her hair? and is there a comb that is better than others? We are using a wide tooth comb and then one that has small thin metal tips. Please help for my daughter's sake. Thanks in advance!!
ammy9321

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Congrats on your adoption! Washing once a week is fine, just make sure you deep condition for about an hour. I don't suggest the mineral oil (it clogs pores), but castor is fine. You should use the Just for Me before combing. First put the Just for Me then the castor oil to seal in the moisture and combing should be easier. Oil her scalp about twice a week. And NO fine tooth combs! Only use the wide tooth one. HTH!
momof4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can somebody just give me quick directions on how to apply the moisturing lotion? Do I just massage it into the hair or do I seperate the hair as much as possible and place it there? Thanks
ammy9321

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I find the easiest way to apply moisturizer is seperating hair into four parts and applying a good amount to the are until it feels soft enough.
alklene1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Jelly Beary is all natural Reply with quote
Very Happy I would recommend a product called Jelly Beary. It is all natural for childrens hair. You can get it on Etsy under the name carmelsprinkles. Belive me you will see a difference in your childs hair. Be blessed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Childrens Hair Care All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: