Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
thinning on top

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocdg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: thinning on top Reply with quote
I'm new here so I hope I'm posting in right area. My hair is mostly silver with what I call black highlights. Laughing I don't use any chemicals just wash and blow dry on occasions I will use the flat irons. Recently my hair at top has gotten so thin that I don't even have a thin part. The back of my is very thick. Any suggestions on how to get the top thick again Question
hericane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
How do you style your hair? How do you put it up for the night? How often are you using heat or pulling that area taut? I suggest relaxing that area for less time (texlax) and try adding castor oil massages nightly. Wink
ocdg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I usually have my hair parted on the side, blow dry and rollers. Lately I've only been putting it in a hair clip in the back (which is not pulled tight) at night I try to sleep with a sleep cap on for the most part when it doesn't come off. Every two weeks for the past month is when I've been using the blow dryer and occasionaly in the middle of that time to smooth it out. Previosly I did my hair every week,blow dry, and ceramic flat irons. I don't really have a need for relaxers (not sure what texlax is)and i've always been sensitive to chemicals in my hair. I started graying very early around 36 and now as I've mentioned my hair is silver with black highlights Surprised) which has always been the source of compliments.
hericane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ocdg wrote:
I usually have my hair parted on the side, blow dry and rollers. Lately I've only been putting it in a hair clip in the back (which is not pulled tight) at night I try to sleep with a sleep cap on for the most part when it doesn't come off. Every two weeks for the past month is when I've been using the blow dryer and occasionaly in the middle of that time to smooth it out. Previosly I did my hair every week,blow dry, and ceramic flat irons. I don't really have a need for relaxers (not sure what texlax is)and i've always been sensitive to chemicals in my hair. I started graying very early around 36 and now as I've mentioned my hair is silver with black highlights Surprised) which has always been the source of compliments.

Have you tried incorporating castor oil into yoour pre-treatments or Deep conditioners? This may help regain some thickness, as well as nightly massages. Wink
ocdg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm still getting thinning and after checking around I don't know if it's alopecia or not. How can I tell if the hair analysis help? Will the vitamins help? The back has gotten so thick from the suggestions you sent me as what to look for in the shapmpoos but the top is still thin.
hericane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ocdg wrote:
I'm still getting thinning and after checking around I don't know if it's alopecia or not. How can I tell if the hair analysis help? Will the vitamins help? The back has gotten so thick from the suggestions you sent me as what to look for in the shapmpoos but the top is still thin.

Discontinue any style that cause tension on your crown, continue massaging nightly with castor oil (also try Amla/Brahmi oil), consider using henna to help thicken your hair. It can be used in a way that does or does not color your hair.
Poero7344

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: lifetime warranty Reply with quote
I'm going to bump the tread up.

After burying his mother nine months earlier, a client of the local mortuary finally had enough money to purchase the expensive coffin he'd originally wanted. So we exhumed the body and transferred his deceased mother into the new steel casket. "What's so special about this coffin?" I asked the funeral director. He replied, "It has a lifetime warranty."

--------------dvd copy,--------dvd ripper, ------------------dvd to ipod,----------------dvd ripper,-------------------dvd software,-----------
kwicherbichen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Woah, the previous poster freaked me out. I thought this was someone's grandma and the kid joined the site to tell us this woman has died!!!

Anyway, I highly recommend you see a hair doctor. Thinning at the crown is not uncommon for older people.
naturalblaze

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree, seek help from a professional could be heredity. Stress can also cause thinning. A well balanced meal and plenty of water can make the hair follicles thicker. I drink 4 bottles of 16 oz of water a day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: