Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
The Herbalist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angeeE5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: The Herbalist Reply with quote
Has anyone called themselves this one day or another? The term "The Herbalist" originated...okay, I made it up, but anyway, I have called myself this on an occasion or two. Here is why...

One day, I got up out of bed and I went shopping. I had a list of 150 items to purchase for the year (yes, they are all hair-related). By the end of the day, I had purchased 25 items on my list, so I am well on my way to victory.

When I stepped into the tranquility of my bedroom, I became...The Herbalist. I began chopping herbs, mixing fragrances, and whipping up shampoos and conditioners within hours. Then, I looked over at my bin full of shampoos, conditioners, and hairdresses that contained sulfates, petroleum, and mineral oil. And guess what I did? I took every last single one of those shampoos and threw them away. I cried after that for thirty minutes because I had tossed $65.00 worth of shampoos and conditioners (not including the hairdresses). Including the hairdresses would bring the total to $80.00. I am a product junkie. I should invest my hair habits into a career Laughing .

Whew! I am sorry, y'all. I just felt compelled to share my story.

So, back to my question, has anyone ever called themselves The Herbalist?
Pasheen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I believe I am an Herbalist Wink , hair, body and skin. I love mixing things that will improve my overall well being. I have belief if I can't eat it then it's not going on my skin or hair.

And as a herbalist I have learned this lesson. To write down what you do so you can mimick it again? I did something once throwing a dash here and a dash there and I created the best shea butter cream EVER! After I used up my creation I could never do it again, or it just was never quite the same.

~Pasheen
angeeE5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So true, Pasheen

I write down every recipe that I concoct. I even write down the recipes that others have referred to me. For instance, I have considered your natural hair butter. I have never tried to put coconut milk into my hair butters. Do you have an exact measurement, because I would not want to overdo the recipe?

Thank You for the recipe!
kerryann

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pasheen wrote:
Well, I believe I am an Herbalist Wink , hair, body and skin. I love mixing things that will improve my overall well being. I have belief if I can't eat it then it's not going on my skin or hair.

And as a herbalist I have learned this lesson. To write down what you do so you can mimick it again? I did something once throwing a dash here and a dash there and I created the best shea butter cream EVER! After I used up my creation I could never do it again, or it just was never quite the same.

Lol at the shea butter because i used the pure Shea butter and mix it with ambi for my skin you will notice a difference in your skin its great
Pasheen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOL, I don't know who doris564 is but she sure is irritating me. No, I'm sorry I don't have exact measurements. You think I would learn but I add a dab add a dab until I get it whipped. I love it when I get it whipped then I know it is just right. You I don't have too much success with grapeseed oil, it doesn't mix well with the shea butter (for me anyway). Plus I feel oily, so I end up using it as a sealant for my ends. Have you had much success with grapeseed oil? Also do you use Burdock root or other herbs in your butters?

~Pasheen
angeeE5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pasheen,

I know your question was not referred to me but I could not help but to intervene when I read your post. I feel the same way as you have stated in your first sentence Laughing (I do not know?) Anyway, I have not added grapeseed oil to my shea butter mixture yet, but I have used it in my hot oil treatments, and boy does it clarify! I could literally feel my pores opening up and expelling all of the debris that was weighing my hair down.

I have to purchase some more.
angeeE5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is the Herbalist again. I found another one. Check it out!

http://www.naturalelixir.com/hair_care.html
Pasheen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is my next big purchase, Argan oil. I believe what is great for my body is great for my hair; I have been looking for my next I got to have oil and I believe I have found it. As a side note I have also found that products that are laced with bad chemicals often have at least one good ingredient. Now its up to us to get that one ingredient. I have been researching this oil for about 2 weeks and I am sold. It isn't cheap! So, yes I will be measuring when I use it with my shea. I'm going to try it as a stand alone then incorporate other oils and herbs as I go. I'm pretty sure angeeE5 and Arrowalker would be interested. To bad we don't live in the same area we probably save a fortune buying in bulk and spiltting the product.

Here is the link

http://www.zamourispices.com/arhiin.html

~Pasheen
angeeE5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shout out to you too, Pasheen! Laughing

This website is better than the one that I was researching early.

Oh, lordy I am going to go broke. Pray for me...LOL

THANKS!
Pasheen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Girl...you and me both. See the problem is we read to much. If we would just stop trying to learn we would be fine.

~Pasheen
angeeE5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I cannot make the promise that I will stop learning. I am a bookworm at heart. I just need to stop being so darn noisy Laughing . PSYCHE!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Shampoos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: